F1 - F12 don't work after install (Alt + F4)

Hi there

I've created an unattended windows installation with different programs to go along with it. My programs are installed through WPI.hta.

My problem is, that after having installed my unattended windows on my computer, then my shortcut keys like Alt + F4 don't work anymore. Other shortcut keys like Ctrl + C and Ctrl + S still work, and I therefore supect that the problem has something to do with the F1 - F12 keys. If I open my Internet Explore, I don't get the HELP when I press F1 and when pressing F3 I don' t get the Search. Also the F11 dosen't show my IE in full screen.

I tried creating a homepage with the following code, to see what keycode was returned for my F-keys:

<script>
 document.onkeydown = function(e) {
     var kC = (window.event ? window.event : e).keyCode;
     alert("Keycode: " + kC);

}
 </script>

And no matter which key I hit, I get the keycode 255. I've tested it on my notebook, at it returns keycodes with values from 112 to 123. Under my proporties for my keyboard, it says that I have a: "Standard 101/102 keybord or Microsoft Natural PS/2 keybord". I would guess that's where the problem is. I have a Logitech desktop keyboard. If I download and install the iTouch 2.22 they my keys work againg. But is there a way to make sure that when windows is installed, it is forced to choose another keyboard, or can I integrate the iTouch as a part of my windows and not as a seperate program?

this happens to me also - using a Logitech Media Keyboard, does your keyboard have F-Functions? like copy and suck on the F-Keys, if so, look around your keyboard for an f lock modifier. this changes it between standard f key functions and the copy paste functions of the keyboard.

It normally happens after a windows installation also.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...