• 20gb /mp3
    • 40gb /mp3
    • 30gb photo
    • 60gb photo
    • hp 20gb mp3/wma
    • hp 40gb mp3/wma
    • hp 30gb photo/mp3/wma
    • hp 60gb photo/mp3/wma

You might want to stay away from the hp 30gb photo ipods.

Tried two of them, both had major issues. One had the disk go bad and the other just kept freezing. Their tech support is also pretty bad. They weren't helpful and could barely speak english (I talked for 4 different techs).

• 3 weeks later...
I don't mean to troll, but arn't Ipods a little bit too expensive....

That's why I don't understand people who answer 40Gb or 60Gb photo. GET AN IPOD MINI!! The new ones got a very extensive battery life (18 hours compared to mine from last year is 5 hours) and with 4 or 6Gb, you will have plenty of music on you. I have an ipod mini 4Gb and I really did a good move buying it. And with the ipodmini base and firewire/usb/dock connector dual cable (sold seperately), I can refresh my music while recharging the batteries. And there is even a nice little plugin for winamp to use with the media library so you can easily upload an entire album, or copy albums from ipod that are not in the media library.

I don't mean to troll, but arn't Ipods a little bit too expensive....

That's why I don't understand people who answer 40Gb or 60Gb photo. GET AN IPOD MINI!! The new ones got a very extensive battery life (18 hours compared to mine from last year is 5 hours) and with 4 or 6Gb, you will have plenty of music on you. I have an ipod mini 4Gb and I really did a good move buying it. And with the ipodmini base and firewire/usb/dock connector dual cable (sold seperately), I can refresh my music while recharging the batteries. And there is even a nice little plugin for winamp to use with the media library so you can easily upload an entire album, or copy albums from ipod that are not in the media library.

The problem with the iPod Mini (for me anyways) is the fact that it's only 4/6GB. I'd like to have an MP3 player that allows me to have ALL of my music with me, as well as have yet another backup of my music. With nearly 20GB of music, it would really be a pain to lose it all. One of my beefs with the iPod is the fact that it's a pain to restore your collection from your iPod in the event of your computer hard drive dying.

Then I would go with the Creative Zen Touch.

It has a touchpad - like the ipod

It has a battery life of 24hours plus - MILES BETTER THAN IPOD! Ipod batteries are renowned for being terrible they dont last as long as manufacturer claims (12 hours) and they tend to have a very short life span, though usually just over a year so the guarantee runs out :(

Holds 20GB/40GB - two versions

Most agree better sound quality.....though that's negligible

Better file format support though!

All in all beats ipod in all aspects in my experience (i have had experience with both). Only fault of zen is the software, which i dont like the GUI of, but you can use WMP or winamp or most other software mp3 players (even itunes!...which i dont like anyway) and that works just fine. Or, a recent discovery is a program called Notmad, (play on nomad) i urge all zen owners to check it out, in fact all Creative owners, whether it's zen, jukebox, or nomads, th software is really good.

But that's just all my opinion....

Oh, forgot to mention, you're not locked to one computer with the zen, you can add mp3s to be played from any computer and you can drag them back just the same. You can also use it as a portable hard drive for files like the ipod, but be warned, the ipod beats zenny here coz the ipod uses the standard mass storage driver, so on Windows ME an above you dont need to dl any drivers, for zen you do....but i keep them on my pen drive for ease of use and its only a 1 meg download anyway....

Edited by aktivedesign

As my good friend Sven knows

I got myself a Apple Ipod 30GB Photo. I am very very happy with it.

I stuffed over a dozen audiobooks and 2000 mp3's

Now all i need is a water proof case. So when i go to the beach my ipod

will be nice and dry.

I would never touch a Creative product in my life again. My first mp3 player was a Creative MuVo2 and it was a pain in the a**. Also Creative offer the WORST customer service I have ever seen in any field of the industry and a poor 3 month garantee.

As for the ipod battery life, this was mostly true with the first 3 generations of the ipod, but it does not affect the newer versions, including the ipod mini. And even if you had bought an ipod in the first years, they recently settled an extended exchange policy to offer better customer service cause they know this was a huge problem with ipods back in the days.

To be honest with you all, having 57Gb of mp3, I would not want to loose it all. But do you seriously need to travel with ALL of it, ALWAYS? I don't think so. That's why 4/6Gb is perfect to have just enough variety for week or two. If you want a backup of your mp3s, it would be far more cheaper and effective for you to buy yourself a dvd burner with a couple of discs, or another hard drive, than to pay the difference to have a 60Gb ipod instead of a 6Gb one. And if something happens to your ipod, you will still lose everything while a DVD can be made, and remade. DVD+-R also do good freesbies whereas the ipod tend to drop on the ground faster :P

To be honest with you all, having 57Gb of mp3, I would not want to loose it all.  But do you seriously need to travel with ALL of it, ALWAYS?  I don't think so.  That's why 4/6Gb is perfect to have just enough variety for week or two.  If you want a backup of your mp3s, it would be far more cheaper and effective for you to buy yourself a dvd burner with a couple of discs, or another hard drive, than to pay the difference to have a 60Gb ipod instead of a 6Gb one.  And if something happens to your ipod, you will still lose everything while a DVD can be made, and remade.  DVD+-R also do good freesbies whereas the ipod tend to drop on the ground faster :P

A week or two? Hehe... 4 gigs would last me a couple of days. I listen to music all the time while I'm working and everything in between.

One of the things that I don't like about iPods is that they only play MP3 and AAC (or is it ACC... can't remember). A lot of my music is encoded with Vorbis and other formats and converting it all sucks.