AAA! GOING CRAZY! HELP

WELL not the best help....but at least something...tryied Nlite and success....only thing that it doesnt work quite right with the drivers...since they are not inf....i have to install them after instalation...

but right now i have another question.... i dont understand why i need to press OK during the install of the hotfix frame work 1.1

can I turn it off somehow?

S0mE0nesMiNd1

Please do not speak of me as IF you would know....Yes I'am quite Young,but this doesnt mean anything...I am studing quiet in order to know much about computers ..but its just a fact that i newer had expirence with those Batch files....ALSO I AM NOT TO SCARED.....AND I KNOW HOW TO OPEN CMD ! do not take this personal..just that i do not like such comments..

@Droiyan3

but right now i have another question.... i dont understand why i need to press OK during the install of the hotfix frame work 1.1

You can use RyanVM's switchless installer. He has the hotfix intergrated.

EDIT:

Or check this out

Edited by erik_demon

Got a problem with RunOnceEX 2. When I install everything is hoing fine. RunOnceEX is running but when its finnish I got a error:

can't find c:\RunOnceEX.cmd or something like that ;)

I do not really understand your question:

Got a problem with RunOnceEX 2

are you trying to launch a second runonce?

In that case, please make sure your clean-up file doesn't delete it before it is called.

Could you please post your two RunonceEx script (and maybe your clean-up script)?

Droiyan3, I also knew nothing about unatteneded installs a little while ago. The tut in msfn is really outstanding. That doesn't mean that it isn't also hard work. I've spent a lot of time trying to customize many part of my RunOnceEx file and there are always glitches.

However, the guide is outstanding and answers almost all of the basic questions.

The .NET Framework 1.1 core files, SP1, and khotfix all use the /qn switch and will install with no user interaction or pop-up box at the end.

Perhaps you could help me out and tell me why the SP1 files for Office 2003 don't all respond to the same switch. The main files use the standard /qn switch and it works for all four main file for the 11 Office programs. The SP1 file for Office which includes FrontPage works only with the /q switch, qn just returns an error and doesn't load. Same goes for OneNote SP1. Now when you get to Project and Visio SP1 the /q switch doesn't seem to do anything and there's a "Successfully Installed!" box with an "OK" button that must be pressed. How do I get rid of those??

What I've learned, I've mostly done the hard way through multiple installs (in a VM) and written down the glitches each time. Sometimes it is my typing and I've put in a double %% or forgotten \ somewhere. I've mostly corrected all the kinks in a rather long list. I had to figure out myself that I could change the Nero install to completely silent by editing the file SFX script in WinRAR. How did I do that? I watched the install, saw the rarSFX.tmp file created, went to WinRAR and read the HELP file all the way through and then applied it.

No, no one here lead me by the hand through each and every step, but without the help of the guide for general direction and possible solutions for some programs I wouldn't have known where to start. That is what it is for. You've done fine up to now. Next you need to start building your RunOnceEx file step by step. Here's one you can try. Put in bothe the Windows installer 3.1 and the .NET Framework 1.1 which you were asking about. Then run a Cleanup.cmd file as instructed, but just use it to do the reboot. Don't delete anything. Then you can see whats left over.

That's your first assignment.

When you've done that successfully, come back and we'll give you assignment number #2 where you'll have to put in WinZip and get it registered and in the Add/Remove list. this one requires some thinking so don't think it is so simple. we'll add to that when you've finished. :o)

Cheers,

like some of the other guys said, the BEST way to learn about batch scripting is to screw around with cmd and/or read ALOT of stuff. heres some basic stuff if you dont already know it:

(put this at the top of the batch file)

echo on (or off) this either hides or displays the commands that are in the batchfile put this, @ , before echo to make it not show echo on or off

example: @echo off

will only display the commands such as the output from copy or del or things that are echo'd

to display text type echo and then some text

example: echo this is how you output text

echo. willl give you a blank line

example:

echo i want to skip

echo.

echo a line

will display this:

i want to skip

a line

type copy /? to display the help for that, if you havent already figured this out this will copy a file from one location to another

just as above type del /? to display the help for that, this will delete files

if this doesnt help you, i dunno what will.... :}

I do not really understand your question:
Got a problem with RunOnceEX 2

are you trying to launch a second runonce?

In that case, please make sure your clean-up file doesn't delete it before it is called.

Could you please post your two RunonceEx script (and maybe your clean-up script)?

Well I'm running RunOnce.cmd once. It work just fine. When I first login into windows its working like it should. But when its finneshed I got a error that RunOnce.cmd can't be found.

I made a new unattended cd and here i get no error. So its works. But i use the same .cmd's and stuff. Weird but working now :wacko: