boot bart pe to ramdisk

androidtopp

sorry if this has been asked before, but the only stuff i can find on it is from the 911cd.net forums, which are down from that hack last week.

i am trying to boot bart PE to a ramdisk. the /inram switch does not accomplish what i need. i've found several things to try, but nothing much works. i have WinPE 2005, so i could theoretically use their ramdisk boot method, but i need to use the actual BartPE builder.

whenever i try to use the WinPE 2005 ramdisk method, i get a blue screen 0x0000007B error, inaccessible boot device. i assume i'm missing some mass storage controllers...can anyone point me in the right direction for this method, or suggest one of their own?

thanks,

Andrew

• 1 year later...
i figured it out. for anyone trying this, be sure to use the bootloader files from a PE 2005 CD, not from a bart build. they're not quite the same, apparently.

What are the licensing implications of using the PE 2005 bootloader files? I recently found out that my company isn't licensed for WinPE (3 weeks after I was told we were). My first thought is that using the PE 2005 bootlader = using PE 2005. If that's the case, it's not valid for those of us that aren't licensed for WinPE. Are there any other methods for booting BartPE from a ramdisk?

To avoid licensing issues you can use a windows 2003 R1 or R2 install CD as source.

If you don't have a win2003 available, then you can use a trial version available from the MS site, the trial is valid for 180 days (6 months) - after this period your build will still work, but you'd be breaking the trial license..

Here's the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003...al/default.mspx

:)

• 2 weeks later...