BartPE 3.13 + 2003 SP1 Source == No Diskpart?

DaCarez

I created the PE IMage new once with SP1 integrated in the Windows 2003 Sources. I also tried to create a PE Image with Windows 2003 source without SP1 and then putted ntldr ramdisk.sys ntdetect.com ntoskrnl.exe from SP1 into the sources before creating the ISO so that the PE Image is bootable over TFTP. This resulted in a bluescreen while booting. If I use Windows 2003 without SP1 and I boot from CD everything is fine. But I want to boot the ISO over TFTP...

I created the PE IMage new once with SP1 integrated in the Windows 2003 Sources. I also tried to create a PE Image with Windows 2003 source without SP1 and then putted ntldr ramdisk.sys ntdetect.com ntoskrnl.exe from SP1 into the sources before creating the ISO so that the PE Image is bootable over TFTP. This resulted in a bluescreen while booting. If I use Windows 2003 without SP1 and I boot from CD everything is fine. But I want to boot the ISO over TFTP...

I have the exact same problem. I tried all the combinations but no go.

Solution for me was to use XP SP2 as a source and put the files from SP1 into the source... that way I can boot the ISO via TFTP.

But I`m desperately looking for a way to use Windows 2003 as a source..

What drives me nuts is that everything works EXCEPT that one action to create a primary partition... really annoying.

So I found a solution to create a primary partition when using windows 2003 sp1 as a source for the PE Iso. I simply changed the diskpart.exe before creating the iso file. I used the diskpart.exe from windows server 2003 without sp1... So far so good but there is the next problem... After I created the partition with diskpart I want to format this **** partition...once again there is no go. I am not able to format the created partition. I also changed format.com as I did with diskpart.exe but in this case this didn´t work. The error is "unkown file system". If I use A43 File Management Utility and look at the properties of my created partition the file system is RAW. At the creation with diskpart I enterd to use NTFS as file system. So maybe changing the diskpart.exe resulted in this error or something with the format command in the PE Environment is wrong when using Windows 2003 SP1 as source for the iso.

Any ideas?

Schechi

I am not able to format the created partition. I also changed format.com as I did with diskpart.exe but in this case this didn´t work. The error is "unkown file system".

Hey,

I got this error, too. I tried this:

Replaced the diskpart.exe from SP1 with the one without SP

Didn't replaced the format.com from the SP1

Added the "vssapi.dll" file from a installed Win2k3 Server with Sp1 in the system32 dir

[Edit]

If you don't want to copy the "vssapi.dll" manualy you can add these two lines in the "custom.inf" file:

[SourceDisksFiles]
vssapi.dll=2

Bart PE would copy the file now automatically

And now I'm able to format the partitions I created with diskpart. But this doesn't work under VmWare 5.0.0 build-13124! maybe on prior versions or a version that's coming out in the future.

Fabs

Edited by Fabs