Techzonez And Hwg

lynchknot

going by rev's name in Messenger TZ is being DDOS'ed. but hes away at the minute so i cant ask him about it.

Why the hell would someone attack TZ :rolleyes::)

Maybe his site is on a virtual server and its not his site being hit.. but one of the others run from the same machine.

FthrJack, how is that you can see that with messenger? Interesting subject really.

He saw my current Messenger nickname "Reverend - f#@*% n' dos attacks"

Here's an explanation of the downtime,from my hosts;

At 9:00am on the 27/12/2002 we experienced a massive influx of bad traffic known as a DDOS attack

This was not a small attack, it was in the region of 800mbit which not only brought down our network but also caused problems for Claranet and Telia.

Claranet use Telia for transatlantic connections and the size of the attack caused the flooding of 2 Gigabit connections, which cause failures in the Claranet network. The size of this attack is the biggest Claranet have seen.

The traffic was tracked down to compromised systems in a number of American universities and blocked, service was then restored, however due to the magnitude of this attack it did take a long time.

FJ sorry i didn't get back to you on MSN,i was busy having a 4 way conversation with some members.

Rev. Sorry to hear that. Hope it all gets sorted out in your best interest.

This is all a bit over my head really. Am I to understand that your host was flooded with a gigantic series of DDOS attacks in such magnitude that it was like a #10 earthquake and originated at universities in the U.S. which were actually used by an undisclosed party as a stepping stone to get to your domain?

This is like those national news stories we read from time to time isn't it? This must have been a coordinated attack to actually consume that much bandwidth.

Sign me flabbergasted.

Glad Techzonez is back,or is it?I still can't access the site.My understanding of DDos attacks is limited but from what I've read they most assuredly are malicious in nature.They even sent it out for a second time today.

ok guys our site flexbeta.net was down same time as tech-critic i dont know what the hell is going on ? but maybe the problem with virtua news or some dos attack, plz guys no offence to any site this is getting childlish and each site is trying to attack to other site