Longhorn ! Beware what a load of rubbish

Seanie's Show

If you have somehow managed to get a copy of longhorn, beware, have you thought about drivers ?, XP/me/98/95 drivers dont work, and as longhorn is not due to be released until December 2006 I dont really think that manufacturers are interested in makeing the drivers for it yet, especially as they are still currently making drivers for Windows XP 64bit.

So if you enjoy playing you high quality PC games, first think about where you going to get your graphics drivers from etc. DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH !

did you expect drivers?

its a nice preview of what there is to come imo, but not a working os yet :)

def buying it, I love the renaming feature that doesn't select the file extention

• 2 weeks later...
:hello: wait dude u know how many betas rc their might be tell a final what will be tryed and dropped look at 98 like 8 betas 10 rcs etc id wait till next summers betas to get a true interpation of the final version and smoke a joint your stressing me out.

I think the Manufactureres are starting to make drivers after July, when Microsoft has distributed the first beta for these companies.

I have even noticed, that there are very few drivers available, also no ES1370 (aka Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128) used in VMWare! This Driver is in Windows 2000/ME/XP/2003 but not in Longhorn!

It is not even in beta yet! Do not install Longhorn if you expect to use it to replace XP because it is still in its early stages. I would love to test it out but I would not think it would be very good yet. Just get some knowledge of how it’s going to work. I think that would be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

This orginal post was obviously by a computer N00wbie :P , not to mention Longhorn is Not in BETA testing yet - still a Alpha version, but what do you expect from an Alpha release that is only a glismp/preview of what Might come in the next series of Windows???

Haven't you been reading the other Posts and Topics about Longhorn?

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh :D:P

Just read some more info before posting a "Longhorn HaTe'Z" thred..... :whistle:

I don't think that the alpha builds (4074 and 5048) are actually too bad. Sure, they take their time to load on my old P3 and there isn't any sound as of yet, but it hasn't actually crashed on me yet (touch wood). It's pretty stable and reliable.

Like I say, still have the sound issue but other than that I like it.

Is the Beta 1 still due this month? Only a few days left so I really doubt it now :(