Winamp 5.24 Msi Release

Alanoll

did you download the MSI within the last 12 hours?

I did a silent update when i realized that the skin setting wasn't being applied. it SHOULD work now. I'll double check the ISM anyway, but it should be working.

As for teh parent switches overriding the child ones....yeah...it's always done that. I haven't had the time to sit down and do the KMAPs to figure out the more precise system. Windows Installer system for conditions isn't all that precise anyway.

Oh ok thanks. I was just testing it out for ya anyway. I'm thinking of switching my player as I'm getting bad vibes from the way Winamp is heading (See my other post)

Edited by Dobby

I did a silent update when i realized that the skin setting wasn't being applied. it SHOULD work now. I'll double check the ISM anyway, but it should be working.

As for teh parent switches overriding the child ones....yeah...it's always done that. I haven't had the time to sit down and do the KMAPs to figure out the more precise system. Windows Installer system for conditions isn't all that precise anyway.

yup from 6.x mb it becomes 7.x mb now... working fine now =)

Thanks for the update Alanoll :thumbup

I've downloaded and tried it again today but still the same result. After install it's winamp with a classic skin.

I've downloaded and tried it again today but still the same result. After install it's winamp with a classic skin.

.....CURSES! Alright, I'm compiling another build now, and I'll test it in a VM real quick to ensure that the setting works now. I'll post back when i'm done.

Done. Should be working now.

here's my ini..

[sETUP]

Xwma=1

Xogg=1

Xcdplay=1

Xcddb=1

Xwav=1

Xdcout=1

Xaudiocd=1

XQuicklaunch=1

XREGAUD=1

tried

Winamp521.msi INI="X:\winamp\install.ini"

The system cannot execute the specified program.

i tried that combination first without using ini file, just as parameters, but didn't work..

this a test on normal machine before trying on install..

Edited by bledd

hmm, works fine if i just double click my .bat file, but not when i open cmd, cd x:\winamp

x:\

winamp.bat

error!

oh well working fine now :)

btw, i removed milkdrop and all visualations, but these two files still appear in the plugins directory

milkdrop.html

milkdrop_preset_authoring.html

.....CURSES! Alright, I'm compiling another build now, and I'll test it in a VM real quick to ensure that the setting works now. I'll post back when i'm done.

Done. Should be working now.

Thank you, very much. Now it's working perfect.

How to disable the .wmv association with winamp?

After installing winamp 5.21, I found that wmv files were associated with winamp automatically, how to get rid of it and use WMP 10 instead?

Here's my ini file

[SETUP]
Xlibrary=1
Xintex=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xogg=1
Xaac=1
Xmp3enc=1
Xmp4=1
Xsonic=1
Xcddb=1
Xnsv=1
Xvisual=1
Xextra=1
Xregopt=1
Xtray=1
XStartmenu=0

• 2 weeks later...

*looks at msi file*

*looks at cab files*

*looks at msi file again*

........what do i do with it? where does everything go?

==Edit==

Whoops, never mind. I was leaving off a quotation mark in my command line. I feel like such a newbie now, lol

==Edit2==

I stuck it in a self-extracting rar file XD

Edited by NuVanDibe

I have an interesting "bug" I've found with Alanoll's Winamp. I've eliminated as much info as I can to safely say that I'm sure it isn't a Windows problem. It seems that I am unable to listen to streaming radio using his winamp installer in Internet Explorer.

I've tested using a Full install of all features, to ensure it isn't anything I may have left out. For example if I navigate to eve-radio.com and click on the winamp link, the following appears in the playlist.

1.Documents
2.and
3.Local
4.Temporary
5.Internet
6.listen[1]

I've found that I can download the radio.pls file and that when I right click on it under the General tab, at the bottom is a security message. Namely that the file came from another computer and may be blocked. Clicking unblock allows the downloaded pls file to play streaming radio. However if I use firefox to go to the radio website and click the link, it works exactly as it's supposed to.

In addition, installing the original Winamp installer from the winamp homepage, results in normal streaming operations in I.E.

Is there a possibility that the winamp installer is parsing a pemission of sorts to I.E., that Alanolls isn't. I'm a fan of Alanolls installer and use it much as most of us do. For it's inherent flexibility in allowing us to choose which parts of the program best suit our needs.

Alanolls Winamp has been tested on numerous Nlite installations of Windows XP SP2 with varying reduction and customisation and on completely untouched virgin installations as well. If anyone can offer a solution to this problem (other than simply saying "just use firefox" or "download and unblock the pls's as needed"). Thankyou.

Edited by Dreadnort

I hate the way the Media Library works now (I mean the online stuff, shoutcast tv etc, it is now an online browser.. can't even find the things I used to watch)

But using an old Winamp version is no use... they disabled the option to download the shoutcast library :(

I hope stable/good working version of Songbird will come out soon!

Edited by ZileXa