Winamp 5.24 Msi Release

Alanoll

That's not the MSI that's the new version of Winamp. There are some differences in the skinning engine since 5.2. Advise you check with the author of the skin for an update. What happens when you accept does it crash as it says it might?!

Clue is in the warning dialog ;)

Edited by Dobby

That's not the MSI that's the new version of Winamp. There are some differences in the skinning engine since 5.2. Advise you check with the author of the skin for an update. What happens when you accept does it crash as it says it might?!

Clue is in the warning dialog ;)

No, if he's using the included Modern Skin, it's the MSI's fault (and I've reproduced it). I'm testing the latest build now, to make sure i've isolated the problem.

EDIT: Rebuilding both distro's now and will upload when done. MultipleProfile support has also been included.

Also I should point out the new switches....

XWMV - Windows Media Video Support
XPM - Portable Devices Support
XIPOD - iPOD Support
XCREATE - Creative Player Support (Nomad Jukebox)
XPFS - Microsoft PlayForSure Device Support
XONLINEMEDA - Online Media Services Support
XSEPPROFILES - Seperate Profile support. Each User gets their own settings. =1 enables

Yeah Alanoll, I also had problems with my external modern skin (not the one that is included), but it really seems, as if it is Winamps fault and not a bug in the msi. The authors have to update their skins, I think.

Once again, very good work Alanoll!!! :thumbup

Hello,

I've have a problem installing Winamp 5.21 with a Ini File.

I receive a 1720 MSI error:

Product: Winamp -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action CopyINIFile script error -2146828235, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: File not found Line 14, Column 2,

Here is my Ini file(Winamp521.ini):

[sETUP]

Xagent=1

Xlibrary=1

Xintex=1

XModernskin=1

Xaudio=1

Xvideo=0

Xvisual=1

Xextra=1

Xregopt=1

XName=

XKey=

XQuicklaunch=1

XDesktop=0

XStartmenu=1

XINET=0

XREGAUD=1

XREGVID=0

XREGPLS=1

Here is the command line: msiexec /i Winamp521.msi INI="Winamp521.ini"

Am I doing something wrong??

Greetz,

Edited by GiaPostie

I just did a full install (using INI) including everything except WinampAgent and it works just fine! Thanks Alanoll :thumbup

One thing though, it seems hierarchically including/excluding components does not seem to work (can't remember if it worked before). For example if you specify:

XAllshort=0

XStartmenu=1

All shortcuts seem to be created anyway. If you specify explicitly:

XQuicklaunch=0

XDesktop=0

XStartmenu=1

This works as expected. It's not a big deal really just pointing it out.

Edited by Dobby

Thank You. It's working now.

Dobby --> You need to log off and log on again before the agent starts.

Sorry I meant I didn't want the agent. it's installed in the startup folder in the start menu if you add it but it's another pointless tray app which I can do without.

How can I load the modern skin by default. When I start WinAmp now it has the classic Skin.

I've changed the following in the INI File:

XModernskin=1

XSkinSetting="Winamp Modern"

Yes I see this problem too. I've tried it without quotes as well and also another skin called Avalon. Checking winamp.ini file after install shows skin=Winamp Classic.