Winamp 5.24 Msi Release

Alanoll

I've zip'd up my in_mp3.dll from WinAmp 5.13 in case anybody wants. For those who don't know, that DLL was the ONLY change in Winamp 5.12 -> 5.13 for the "critical security fix".

This way no matter which version of WinAmp you use, you should make use of this update to protect yourself (that goes for you Winamp 2.x users too!).

http://rhelik.lehost.net/Files/in_mp3.zip

Well, i updated the MSI a few days ago to fix those other two issues, guess when i get time later this week, i'll add this minor update.

Now seriously, this "security issue" doesn't affect all that many people. Last i saw, Winamp isn't capable of browser integration. So you'd have to first download the corrupted MP3 file to your computer and then open it in Winamp. Now my question to you is simple, where are you getting this file from and are you supposed to be doing what you're doing?

Wow this installer has stressed me out, after messing around with INI support and not having any luck, I tried simply parsing the arguments at command line. here's my line:

%systemdrive%\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Winamp\winamp512.msi XAUDIO=1 XVIDEO=1 XLIBRARY=1 XVISUAL=1 XEXTRA=1 XREGAUD=1 XREGVID=1 XREGPLS=1 XSkinSetting="Winamp Classic" XDESKTOP=0 XNAME="XXXX" XKEY="XXXXX-ETU4Z-R1S04-XXXXX" XMODERNSKIN=1

^ That's one line

My "XPCD" dir is on c:\. When parsing that^ to command prompt, the installer pops up as if I had double clicked it.

As for the INI trouble, here's my INI:

[SETUP]
XAUDIO=1
XVIDEO=1
XLIBRARY=1
XVISUAL=1
XEXTRA=1
XREGAUD=1
XREGVID=1
XREGPLS=1
XSkinSetting="Winamp Classic"
XDESKTOP=0
XNAME="XXXX"
XKEY="XXXXX-ETU4Z-R1S04-XXXXX"
XMODERNSKIN=1

And the command line:

%systemdrive%\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Winamp\winamp512.msi INI="%systemdrive%\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Winamp\install.ini"

^ Also one line

This generates error 1720: A script required to install could not be run.

The reason they are pointing to XPCD\etc is because I am testing it before actually making the ISO.

Also the INI file is called install.ini.

So, anyway, please someone point out my stupid mistake or something, this is driving me nuts!

Edited by DomZ

NOTE: This installer is not SILENT by default. You must still use /qb or /qn like you normally would.

As for teh script error thing, that means the MSI can't find the location of the INI file for whatever reason.

I am having this weird problem with winamp at the moment. I am having trouble opening media files...

I have the association set ok and media files have winamp icon. and even say they are "Winamp media file"

I can do "Rightclick on file, Open With and Choose Winamp and its a recommended program (media player is only other one)" and it works fine

When I double click on a media file winamp will not launch and open file. If I open winamp application with no file open and then do the double click on media file it works fine. It appears there is some problem launching winamp on the double click action.

I searched around and fiddled a bit with this but was unable to find a solution???

Anyone got the same issue.

I am using the Winamp512.msi file to install with xfull=1 option

I also am logged on as Admin as well and have full perms to the winamp program dir...

Oh I might also add its not corrupt media file, missing codec etc... The standard demo winamp mp3 also has this issue.

Edited by cn0saj

the download links doesn.t work for me :wacko:

what DOES happen?

it starts download index.htm file when i push it, when i give save target as it starts to doenload msfn.htm file :wacko:

This is because of the way the web site was written to prevent leeching.

Unfortunately, this causes legitimate people to be unable to download the file with a download manager for resuming the download if you got disconnected in the middle of downloading it.

Thus, web sites that have anti-leeching systems are unfriendly to 56k users! :realmad:

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

@cn0saj

Add XREGAUD=1 to the command line and try again.

@RJARRRPCGP

It's actually a server setting, and nothing to do with the coding of the website. That being said, it is the problem of the download managers and not the server. Download managers send their own headers when resuming downloads and as such don't match those of MSFN's that are required to download.

@cn0saj

Add XREGAUD=1 to the command line and try again.

I got a chance to try this yesterday from a clean system install but I still have the same problem.

What I neglected to mention from my last post and since realised probably contributes to the problem is that the user which cannot open winamp files by using double click is not the original user who installed winamp. It works fine on the user which originally installed the winamp application. (They both have the same permissions however)

Let me know if you need any more information to help solve this problem.

Maybe something is written to HKCU which is not transferred across to the new user???