Winamp 5.24 Msi Release

Alanoll

Allow me to be as sarcastic as possible...

how are we even supposed to TRY and help you if you don't even tell us HOW it's not working, WHAT you've tried, and WHAT errors you've recieved?

why does the filename you're pointing to say 5.0.8?

Now let me reemphasize my earlier statements, if this is something that's a SYNTAX issue with you using WPI, I WILL NOT HELP YOU! It's the same with RunOnceEX,XPlode,WIHU and the rest. If you're not trying it in batch first to make sure it works, then i won't help you.

What I did for installing other plugins for decoding formats that aren't included with Winamp is to make a self-extracting RAR file that would put the in_flac.dll and the in_tta.dll (for FLAC and Trueaudio) in the C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins folder and it seems like that worked fine.

What I did for  installing other plugins for decoding formats that aren't included with Winamp is to make a self-extracting RAR file that would put the in_flac.dll and the in_tta.dll (for FLAC and Trueaudio) in the C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins folder and it seems like that worked fine.

You could also just use the $OEM$ folders to place the files there in the first place. It's probably easier than using an SFX program... :P

You could also just use the $OEM$ folders to place the files there in the first place. It's probably easier than using an SFX program... :P

Yeah, but I'm not quite at the level of knowledge yet where I'd be able to do that I don't think, and I have way more experience with making self-extracting archives, and using the runonce file to get that to run perfectly.

I think I'm basically just at the right level of knowledge where its dangerous, and my Windows install is one situation where I don't want to risk it lol.

You know there is a nice page Allanoll worked on, it's called MSFN UNATTENDED INSTALLATION GUIDE.

You have beginner, intermediate and expert informations and tutorials and you'll learn that using $OEM$ folder is way more basic than playing with runonceex. If you are an sfx expert, you'll understand this in 30 seconds.

Thank you very much, Alanoll, from myself and everyone here at MSFN!!!! Your great work is appreciated. I was just about to burn my latest copy of WPI, stopped by to see if any new apps were out and will add this to it right away. Thanks again!!!!

Edited by krwilson

Thanks for updating this.

Oh and for the record, I read the guide and thats how I learned to use Runonceex, but once I find something that I'm comfortable with that works well, I'd rather stick with that, even if it requires a few extra steps to do.

Edit: Wow, just stumbled upon the OEM folder guide (I must not have seen it before in the reference section. I read the beginner, intermediate and advanced guides but not that) and yeah you're right, that is much easier.

Edited by jhoff80