Best PDA

raza

Which one do u think is the winner?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do u think is the winner?

• Dell Axim X50v PDA
    • ASUS MyPal A730
    • ASUS MyPal A730W
    • HP iPAQ H5550
    • HP iPAQ H5555
    • Nokia 7710
    • Nokia 6600
    • PALMONE T5 PDA
    • Imate PDA2K
    • Imate PDA2K EVDO
    • Imate JAM
    • Imate SP3
    • Imate SP2
    • oThErS PLZ MENTION.

I always wanted to know about the best PDA b coz I m considering buying a good Pda or smartphone in the next few days.So if any PDA you think is not mentioned above and is well good in features,then plz tell me abt it.

I need a handheld which could be used as a mobile phone ,internet ,emails, MS office etc.

Edited by raza

A proper Pocket PC or Smart Phone runs rings around a blackberry. You can do so much more with a Windows Mobile than anything from RIM. All the manufacturers are using Windows Mobile 2003 SE (2005 soon) so the user experience is about the same. You need to look at features that are relevant to you: memory, expansion, cpu speed, wireless connectivity, etc. Dell offers by far the best bang for the buck. HP and other look overpriced by comparison.

I'd say go for the Axim x50v. I own a HP iPAQ 2215, which is similar to the h5550/h5555 that you have listed. They are good PDA's but the technology is slowly starting to lag. Mine (and I believe the h5555) has a 400MHz Xscale with a 200MHz FSB, and I can do just about anything on it (I use Pocket Hack Master 2004 to "properly" scale the Xscale Proc. I have "safely" overclocked it to 572MHz with a 148MHz memory frequency and ~250MHz FSB. I could go higher, but I don't want to ruin my PDA and I don't have any real use for the extra power.). The iPAQ's you listed run Windows Mobile 2003, while the Axim uses Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition and will probably be upgradable [sic?] to Windows Mobile 2005 (aka- Magneto). Also, if you want to use your PDA for "graphics intensive" games, I would recommend the Axim for the fact that it has 16MB dedicated graphics memory (if I remember correctly). I have been looking at upgrading my PDA, and have been looking at the Axim x50v quite seriously. Also, the Axim has a "True" (notice the quotes. ;)) VGA display while the iPAQ's (at least the h5550's. The hx4705 has a VGA display as well) use QVGA. Of course, as usual it's up to want you to use your PDA for and how long you plan to keep it. I can't comment on any of the others, because I haven't used those. Hope this helps.