Feb 1, 2019, the world is scheduled to end....

cancer10

How can someone believe that the world started from two people?
Reminds of when in the Simpsons (S16.E8) Flanders kids ask him how could we have descended from Adam and Eve if they only had two sons! :o

(despite what most people think, according to the Bible there was actually a third son, doesnt change the dilemma though)

We all know that Energy can be neither created nor destroyed.
John Wheeler: "the only law in the universe, is that there is no laws".

Obi-Wan: "Only a Sith thinks in absolutes".

The problem, you can violate energy for a brief lapse of time, or momenta in a short extension of space. But you can not violate charge conservation, so a electron can nor blink out of existence, it only can transform in other particle for such short interval. For instance it could become a virtual W- plus a virtual neutrino, and then both coalescing to make the original electron.

Another example: a quark of charge +2/3 inside a proton becomes a quark -1/3 plus a virtual W-. Then the W-, instead of fusing again with the quark, disintegrates in electron plus antineutrino. This is called, surprise, "beta radiation". Link

That's the reason why Einstein is lauded in nuclear chemistry for overthrowing the idea of Conservation of Mass.  Two cases:

1. Accelerate a mass particle to close to the speed of light and it will gain "baryonic matter" (due to E=mc^2).*

2. Accelerate the universe to close to the speed of light and it will gain "dark matter" (due to E=mc^2).

*Has already been confirmed by experimental evidence.  Link

Also see Virtual Particles, Hawking Radiation, and Yahweh, Tetragrammaton, and YHWH.

Btw its possible that a black hole could be used as an incredible quantum computer! And I am way off topic. :whistle:

Edited by DigeratiPrime

OK, what exactly is "god's work?" What have you seen yourself that makes you believe there is an "outside influence" calling the shots?
God doesn't call the shots. God made this world, put it in motion, made you and I, and is hoping we will love Him in return. He is working all the time, like I said, in hidden ways.

+ My mother once had a bad problem with Athlete's Foot disease. She asked God what she should do about it, and into her head popped the idea of using vineger. She did so, and the disease went away just like that. You think this was just scientific, that it was just chance that she had an idea she had never heard or read about in her life?

+My neighbor just told me yesterday that she went on a trip with one of those cargo-carriers on top of her minivan. While driving in traffic, it slid off and sprawled their stuff all over the freeway. While waiting for the police to show up, a man out of nowhere came and started pulling their clothes and boxes out of the lanes, not one car hitting him. After the police came and filled out a report, she looked back at the freeway and the man was gone. Do you think any person in their right mind would do what that man did? God sent an angel.

Maybe you see it on the news.. the coutless people that are "good people" that "god" lets die in the most inhumane ways.
Look at the man Job in the Bible. What did God do to him? He let him suffer the most inhumane things to test him, to see if he would stay true to his beliefs. Then, sometimes, God just takes sombody away from earth early. Their time was up. They've done their job.
Maybe it's my brother's son being born with Cerebral Paulsey (sp?) and at 2 1/2 is just starting to walk and can't say more than 3 words. Maybe it's his pregnant wife laying in the hallway almost dead when he came home the other day.
"God is using the present, even the miserable present, to conform us to the image of his Son." (Do All Things Really Work Together for the Good?) When somebody has a disability, God uses that especially for some purposes. He may be talking to him in his heart, and someday he may witness to other people for Christ. You never can tell how God is working, because He will always know more than us.
Maybe it's my father spending the last year of his life battling cancer... although he was just announced as being cancer free (I'm sure you will believe that your "god" had something to do with this when it was medical science).
Medical science can indeed do much good. But so can God. I am not in a position to explain what happened.
I have never seen anything in my life that has been unexplainable and could be the work of "god." Even during the 5 years of my life that I devoted to being a Lutheran Christian. Christianity, as any other religion, is just an accepted cult. You spend your life fighting to get into "heaven." When are you going to stop and enjoy a moment for yourself or your family? I am 26. I have a fiance and 2 beautiful baby girls ( http://www.everythingit.org/ff/ ) I believe I control my own destiny and I do not bow before anyone. I work for what I have. My "heaven" is the legacy I leave behind for my children.
Christianity is not a cult by definition: A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. I am a Christian, and I don't have any rituals, ceremonies, services, etc. etc. I don't even gather together on Sundays with other Christians. I don't know much about Lutherans, but you make it sound like you spent ALL your time doing religious activities, "fighting to get into heaven." What made you decide, after being Lutheran for 5 years, to stop? Do you not hope for the future? When you die, will you really only care about the legacy left behind, and not anticipate what God has for you on the other side of eternity?

As always, you are the moderater here at MSFN, so please tell me if it is breaking the rules to talk about this subject.

that must be a "good god" that umm made for example hitler and let him put jews in oven.

a good god that made humans aka devils to make war and we r still in war

everywhere we go we see peoples livin in the streets even near churches they will be ignored, humans killin whole families

the goddamned corrupt cops that put us in jail with no reason

politicians tryin and they have succeed control us, we r just hypnotized humans.

but its aaaall good, God just wanna test us. he create us, let kill us and recreate us, a god that plays with us eh?

maybe god still thinks we will learn from our history/faults?

and its crazy that alot of religions exist with different stories

the 10 commandments r crazy, we ALL broke this "rules" so hell is waitin for us :)

Do you think any person in their right mind would do what that man did?
People aren't always in their right mind, now are they? Maybe he saw someone in need and helped them. Maybe he was wanted and just didn't want to be part of it, right? But I guess your "god" is the only explanation, right?
Their time was up. They've done their job.

OK, so what if someone kills them? Did "god" make them kill the other person? If not, then how could "god" have determined it was his time to go? So if someone gets killed and "god" decides it's not their time to go, then why doesn't he send them back? Sure, there are times this has happened, thanks to medical science... but what about someone who's body is no more? What about them? If "god" decides it's not their time what does he do with them?

You never can tell how God is working, because He will always know more than us.
or this is a brilliant cover up for those who want you to believe...
I am a Christian, and I don't have any rituals, ceremonies, services, etc. etc.

You don't? I find that hard to believe. Do you pray before you eat or before you go to bed? I'll bet there's something that you do for your "god" that I don't.

When you die, will you really only care about the legacy left behind, and not anticipate what God has for you on the other side of eternity?

Yes. Isn't that what you are trying to do? But you are trying to please some imaginary being in the sky. I want to please those that I leave behind. I want to touch many people's lifes. I want to affect my children, my family, the people I work with, and anyone else I can. And when my legacy becomes part of a 2nd generation and a 3rd then that will be my "heaven." That is what I fight to accomplish.

OK, so what if someone kills them? Did "god" make them kill the other person? If not, then how could "god" have determined it was his time to go? So if someone gets killed and "god" decides it's not their time to go, then why doesn't he send them back? Sure, there are times this has happened, thanks to medical science... but what about someone who's body is no more? What about them? If "god" decides it's not their time what does he do with them?
I never said God controls everything. I said he guides life. People can kill each other if they want, but if God doesn't want somebody to die, because it is not their time, he will make something come up to prevent or stop it from happening.
You don't? I find that hard to believe. Do you pray before you eat or before you go to bed? I'll bet there's something that you do for your "god" that I don't.
Sure I do. I pray for you. I pray for my friends and for our government. But I don't have church services, prayer meetings, etc. And I don't think serving God takes so much time that there's nothing left for having a family.
But you are trying to please some imaginary being in the sky. I want to please those that I leave behind. I want to touch many people's lifes. I want to affect my children, my family, the people I work with, and anyone else I can.
I want to do both. Yes, I want to please that "being in the sky" who loves and cares for me. If he answers in a way that I could not have imagined, then did I imagine he exists?
I have never seen anything in my life that has been unexplainable and could be the work of "god." Even during the 5 years of my life that I devoted to being a Lutheran Christian.

I find THAT hard to believe! Like, what kind of church were you in that God didn't work in?

If God doesn't exist, what is intuition? When all of a sudden you have a feeling you should do a certain thing, and after you do it you realize that just saved you from some terrible event. Is that really chance as well?

If God doesn't exist, what is human conscience? How can you explain why we feel certain things are wrong?

If God doesn't exist, how did Brother Andrew make it into China with the Bibles (that is not a story)? Do you think it was just chance that they looked right at them and didn't see what they were trained to find?

See this article: http://www.pointofview.net/partner/Article...1800372,00.html

The Bible is not a novel. It was written over a period of 1500 years. How can you explain scientifically the fulfillment of a prophesy?

or this is a brilliant cover up for those who want you to believe...
Whatever. Can you prove that an atom exists? Neither can I prove that God exists. I have seen enough evidence to convince me. I hope you will too.

so okay about that vinegar issue who does the God help to?

why doesn't it help me? my knee has been aching for the last 1-2 month, i went to the doctor and took MR and everythings fine, doctor said everythings fine? i want a cure for it? would vinegar work? where is my answer when i need it? why don't i get an answer for it? am i a bad person? does god help the good or bad? if god helps the good why do innocent ppl die?

is life just a gamle between god & satan? good will vs bad will? what is it? who deciedes what happens next? if all we work for is to get in heaven/hell whats in it for us? whats in hell whats in heaven? why not live here and forget about hell/heaven

also about that eve & adam, now science proves that when 2 related person have babies they born with some disorders, like your sister marrying u, u'd have some otistic child right? so what now adam & eve's child....how did she got pregnant? her brother? her father? what the? aliens? so they were holy and incest? why? why not create more ppl at first? why create the world in 7 days? why not 1? whats up with 7? gods lucky number? why does to world have to come to an end? why do we have to live that end? why?

and pls someone explain me this: say christianity, islam & judism exist with all their holy guys (sorry i dunno the english translation..) anyways so why does god not send them anymore? why has it stopped all of a sudden? i see the world is very corrupt i want it to be fixed, erm please some magic over here!

and if the christ/ muhammed /etc were to spread their religion all over when all religions state killing ppl is a bad thing, why do ppl kill eachother?

when u kill terrorist and fight for your country and be patroitic u all of a sudden become a good person and go the heaven?

so what now when they said they believed in that religion and killed thousands of ppl, what happens they're rejected from that religion?

or they go to church and prey, oh mighty lord forgive me for my sins? ow okay all sins erased from database, go kill some other ppl, we'll get u to heaven anyways.

the religions can be myths like the greek myths,

lets say all that religion stuff is true, who is applying it 100% these days? the ppl who believe in religions and do what it asks u to do are like maniacs. they barely live like a normal human everything they do is for the life after death. i believe religion is just another job someone has to take care of. 3-5 big companies all over the world. smaller ones get extinct over time. the fittest ones live.

money i believe is more important then religion these days, when someone says, kill this guy and i'll pay u $100000000, u do it? oops u're in hell now. but u live the rest of your life in craploads of money..now u killed a guy have $100000000 still do prey.

i might have believed in religion but i don't see it applied correctly these days and i dunno what to believe. all i see is ppl do all sorts of crazy things in the name of religions. my country is mostly an islamic country, why is kuran not written in Turkish? why in arabic? now ppl who don't know arabic have to translate kuran into turkish so that ppl can understand,

and everyone who translates it puts different meaning into it. say i learned arabic i view it from another point of view. what do i have to understand from it?

women in arabia believe they should cover up their bodies with that black thing i dunno the name for. now ppl in turkey are muslim as well and 90% of them don't wear that, hmm right? which one is right? arabia says we do it wrong, we tell them they do it wrong..

christians have 4 main books right? why? 4 different ppl wrote it.

good good many options to choose from, they might be lots of truth. but still ppl argue about it and kill eachother for it.

religion A vs religion B start killing eachother to prove your religion is better[oops erm killing is bad no no don't kill no stop okay stop]

person believing in Religion B - ow okay we are defeated now its time to believe in religion A, okay lets try it for couple of years,

couple of years later,

ow wow nice religion A, my son should choose the same religion as i do, like my soccer team...

lets create a country where everyone belives in rel A and lets fight with those who are not from religion A.???

yes i'm very confused about religion. but i'm happy with it, why? because i've my own rules and own limits for myself. i'm happy as long as i accomplish them, i've no concern over going to hell/heaven. i live my life they way i want it to be. i don't have to kill anyone because they prefer another religion. i don't have to look at those from another religion or race or etnicity like a creep.

i used to prey because i was young and was doing what my parents tell me to do. good thing they don't force me to anything religion wise.

does that make me a bad person?

Can you prove that an atom exists?
Can you prove that Adam exists?

And of the millions of planets and systems in the universe, one would have to be right, right? What's to say there isn't another? You mean to say that life couldn't be sustained in any other circumstance? Animals and humans adapt to changes... Isn't it possible that in an alternate universe of "OMG, the earth isn't quite as far from the sun" that life may have just adapted? Animals live in the extreme cold of antarctica as well as the extreme heat of the Sahara... This article proves nothing except that Christians will always try to find a way to "prove" that "god" had a hand in things. It's a "Seven degrees of Kevin Bacon" thing, and Christians have perfected it.

If God doesn't exist, what is intuition? When all of a sudden you have a feeling you should do a certain thing, and after you do it you realize that just saved you from some terrible event. Is that really chance as well?
Imagination... Creativity... Those are MINE and MINE alone. You are a mindless drone if you believe that you are not in control of your own life. Here's what religion did to me... I "believed" so much in "god" that I beat the crap out of my little brother when I was 10 because he said "god **** it!" The United States allows religious freedom... but why can't I sneeze without hearing "Bless you!" Well, "**** YOU! GO AWAY!" I hate hearing "Have a 'blessed' day" and many times I combat it with "Go to hell!" But oh... that religion (If that's what I chose.. which I don't because I do not believe in heaven OR hell) isn't part of religious freedom, is it? Do you believe that every other religion is wrong? Who are you to say that? They can prove all the same things you can about your precious bible..

You know, a couple weeks back some 18 year old girl knocks on my door and I answer it.. She tells me about some free concert that is happening down the street in a couple days.. (interested... I love music!) Then she says "We take rock and mix it with gospel messages" "Thank you, however I am not interested." She stands there looking at me and says "Yeah you are..." I said "No thank you. I am athiest" And she says "No you are not... I can see the word of the lord written on your heart" So, I just crumble up the piece of paper she handed to me and toss it at her and slam the door after saying "F*** off".. She proceeds to stand outside my door and yell "Jesus loves you!" and I scream "Go To Hell!!!" So now.. tell me why in the middle of MY dinner in MY house with MY fiance and MY kids (OMG... that's right... 2 kids, not married.. OH NO!) I have to be a victim of "religious percecution?" You believe it's OK for people to believe what they want to believe just as long as A) it's what you believe or B) they don't talk about it and pretend to agree with you.

If he answers in a way that I could not have imagined, then did I imagine he exists?

If there are ways you can't imagine then you need to open your mind a little bit...

I pray for you.
Don't
And I don't think serving God takes so much time that there's nothing left for having a family.

OK, so maybe "he" doesn't... but why does he need 10% of my money? If he takes 10% then can't I just pay, live my life the way I want and still get into your precious "heaven?" If I believe in "him" and trust in "him" as my "lord and savior" won't that be enough... "For god so loved the world that he gave his only son so that we may blah blah blah..." So if "god" looks at me and is supposed to see "jesus" then where's the problem here? If he died for my sins then shouldn't I get my money's worth? I'm sure you will find some circular logic to try to sway that one...

I never said God controls everything. I said he guides life.
The Constitution "guides" people... does that mean that our founding fathers are gods? Roads "guide" people... but you don't see people praying to Ford. Teachers "guide" people... they aren't gods.
if God doesn't want somebody to die, because it is not their time, he will make something come up to prevent or stop it from happening.

Prove it... Oh wait... you can't. You can simply say "the people that don't die... that's the proof. The people who died were meant to..." Do you believe that the people in the towers were "meant" to die? Tell me, how does "god" save someone who was meant to live when they are in the middle of a burning building 100 stories up? Does he give them wings? NOPE... Tell me why the Pope received medical attention in his last hours? Why? Because your "god" had given up on him and he required the assistance of medical science. Oh, but your Christian, not Catholic (a Christian Peacock).

Anyone have a piece of cardboard and some wine they can pass me? I need to practice cannibalism and ask for forgiveness from the imaginary being...

XtremeMaC :o Whoa. Just hold on a minute with your questions. How old do you think I am? You're asking me questions as if I know all that?

Can you prove that an atom exists?

Can you prove that Adam exists?

(They even rhyme!)

No I can't prove that. Like I said, you have to believe.

"You know, a couple weeks back"... I don't think that was very nice what she did. Even I wouldn't be interested in that after the way she acted. I think people can believe what they want. But I also believe that life's utmost goal is to tell others about God. You posted on this topic (wow, that was only yesterday!), going on about Christianity, so I had to at least try to defend it.

I'm leaving on a vacation tomorrow morning with my family. We'll be back in a month, and we can resume then (maybe in its own topic) when I'm more prepared to answer these kinds of questions. I really want to continue this argument/discussion/whatever, but I have to go. Until I get back, I'll be praying for you all. You may say, "Don't" and "No point", but I know God listens to my prayers and will do something about them. With Faith, all things are possible.

Bye, all. See you in a month.

religion is nothin but control us, not more

many peoples get killed due religion so i say f*** religion

like my psycho father, a turkey, he hates other religion, everytime hes out he screames other religions. i told him, why? why is ur religion the right one? i spoke to him about 15mins but he just dont listen what i said. he also said god speaks to him and he tell him what he must do, haha the whole time writin letters to the president about end of world, he have knew the exact day ;) and now god told him, kill my mum so she is goin to heaven, happend, and now hes in jail for just 3 years. iam gonna kill him, so iam goin to hell ?!

and my mum helps ALOT of peoples, she was like an angel for me and for many others.

in religion they would say thats BAD, iam goin to hell. But i say, when my hearth says its good and i really believe its good, iam goin to heaven

most peoples they think THIS religion is the right one r the one whos controled by religion, and thats the mission of religion.

do the peoples believe in god, religion, peace dont see what happens in the world? r they so blind or what?

or maybe they just dont wanna think about this ? or they say to his "brain" there must be a reason why these millions peoples got killed. f*** this peoples that think in this way. This humans r the bad ones, They r goin to hell

Wow! There are some heavy attacks and very broad generalizations on religion and on Christianity in particular? Why be so hostile here??? :blink:

I think that there's way too much for me to answer right now or I'd be sitting here till the sun comes up but let me just say that I think it's really unfair for a person to bash something that they know little about. And don't tell me that you do because the obvious ignorance in posts above says that you don't.

I have taken the time to study other beliefs such as atheism and religions and so I don't hate you if you believe there is no God or that you believe in controlling your own destiny. So why do you have to slam the hell out of Christians? You have stereotyped Christians to be a certain way but I'm not any of the ways you describe above. Just a few examples...what's wrong with putting God and science in the same sentence? Could the Adam and Eve story be a metaphor of a creation story that spans millions or billions of years? How would you have explained something like this upwards of 2,000 years ago? Miracles: There have been perfect explanations for nearly all of them. All within reason of science. For instance...the Red Sea parting. The actual Hebrew term used in the manuscrips is Reed Sea. Well, if you follow the Red Sea down toward Egypt, you will find fairly shallow water full of reeds. Every once in a while there are strong winds that push the water to a shallow enough point that one can walk across. Is it possible that God simply directed nature when the time was needed and sent the wind to clear the way? Would this make God any less God if he chose to do it this way?

Enough for now.

Religion itself is an example of an evolutionary meme. Christianity was not the first religion, but it evolved into a very aggressive one. The natural insecurities of man feed his attachment to absolute truth. Man invented religion from Cognitive Dissonance. Ignorance is bliss, and most humans don’t want to ponder the truth. What is the truth? Unless you like to be spoon-fed that answer, it's not so easy to swallow.

Humans have an unconscious motivation for pleasure. Religion in particular is about comfort and assurance. Sometimes this is counter to intuition, and some people will violently avoid this dissonance. There is little doubt that there was a man named Jesus, whether or not he was the son of god is irrelevant, but the Prince of Peace would probably be very upset with Christianity.

The problem with Christianity is it has been perverted. The perversion lies in the emphasis on authoritarian compliance against individual spirituality. The symbiotic relationship between the politics and religion is nothing new. Consider the religious themes in Personality Cults. From the Bible to Iraq people have been killing people in the name of God.

Most people inherit their beliefs and those that assimilate do so mainly because they perceive it as the status quo. This is herd behavior. Consider the Sunday morning christian phenomena, in which people temporarily role-play what they perceive to be normal or correct and the church is the theater. This behavior is hypocrisy.

I'll end here to keep my post short.