Feb 1, 2019, the world is scheduled to end....

cancer10

Did people forget that God said HE would destroy the earth when he comes back? There's no point getting ready for the great event, unless you plan on not going to heaven when He comes.

lol!!! i never knew God was a male. second I never new God was limited to be in certain areas; ergo, God is currently absent from earth? lol :whistle:

as to the moon business, it's quite amazing how much we do take the moon ("our shield") for granted. as to clarify what is meant by "our shield" is that it just happens to be that when many meteorites use to slingshot around the sun's gravity and towards the earth, due to its orbit, the moon just happens to be in the way so boom on the moon and the earth continues to grow. :)

Had to take it there didn't yeah. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Sure did. A belief in God is central to my life. I don't see how people can go on about what we are going to do about the comet. I don't want to get into a history discussion, but btw if you don't believe in God, how do you think America came into existence?

That's great and all you believe but it's unfair for anyone to place their beliefs on others in a public place. Keep it to yourself. It's also typical for those who do have a belief to place their comments on others.

Also regardless if god created earth or not that's not the point of this thread. And regardless if I believe or not is also not the issue. I do however find it funny you think god created America. So did bubu create Asia and Willy Wonka create British.

I wonder how many people don't really realize the world would end over time without the moon.

Can you explain that a bit? What you said is very vague. :huh:

Heh. I wanted people to actually think about it. ;)

Think about all that the moon does for us and we take it for granted. The moon's gravitational pull causes the tides which in turns cleans the water on Earth, from the oceans, to the bays and lakes. By causing the tides the oceans have their waves which helps them get cleaned. The waves provide us with wind which helps to circulate the air around the world. Sure, there's the jet stream, etc. But those are high up in the atmosphere. Fronts are definitely what help as well and things of that nature. But the water alone has to be one of the biggest factors that the moon assists the water with.

(Maybe I should try to elaborate later, I just woke up)

Second I never new God was limited to be in certain areas; ergo, God is currently absent from earth? lol

I didn't mean when he comes back as if he wasn't here. I guess I wrote that wrong. His presence is here all the time. But he will come back in a different form. My point was only that the world will still exist when that happens.
That's great and all you believe but it's unfair for anyone to place their beliefs on others in a public place. Keep it to yourself. It's also typical for those who do have a belief to place their comments on others.

Also regardless if god created earth or not that's not the point of this thread. And regardless if I believe or not is also not the issue. I do however find it funny you think god created America. So did bubu create Asia and Willy Wonka create British.

No, I think God made everything. But, I guess I can't blame you for laughing. There are religions that even I think are funny. I agree that in a public place, it's only fair that I not impose on others, so I'll shut up now.

First I just want to point out that before the Europeans colonized America, the land was inhabited by Indians, now known as Native Americans, in a pre-existing civilization. [EDIT] see Indian Wars, Wounded Knee & the Trail of Tears.

Second, this is not meant towards KJxp (who has an interesting spin on this) or anyone in this topic. But "God Bless America" is that not a bit selfish? Should we really be blessing ourselves (presumably US citizens) or demanding "God" do us a favor? I always respond by asking why not "God Bless Earth"? (this always earns me nasty looks) btw thats the last comment I'am making about religion in this thread. :)

Third, thanks Tarun for clearing that up. The moons influence on earth's ecological systems is significant. However, I want to add that life on earth or other planets could exist without a satellite such as our moon. For example speculations about the mars asteroid ALH84001 and Jupiters moon, Europa. B)

NASA get billions of Dollars a year wat we get in return crappy lil warning letters telling us were gunna die lol dats nothing knew everyday people living there lives wonderin when they gunna die lol 2019? blah o well still have time for marriage , babies and deal the mrs nagging at me lol :P

NASA and the military have found this but are trying to find a way to deflect or even destroy the meteor. Now, it depends how big it is. Its its about 15M or less in width, then it will disssolve in the atmosphere heat. But it is bigger then we have a problem. They make strike a missle at the meteor, splitting it into smaller pieces, and let them dissolve in the earths atmosphere.

Jesus Christ is the David Koresch that everyone believed...

I believe in science because it has been proven. The link that does not trace us all the way back may not have been found yet, but it will be. How can someone believe that the world started from two people? I believe if the bible IS true it didn't happen in the middle east, it happened in Kentucky. Think about it... Two people... hm... "god" didn't plan that one out very well, did he? Then, what about when the arc sailed.. once again... "god" created the earth in 7 days... yet science has proven the existence of dinosaurs MILLIONS of years before humans.

Here's what I believe... We all know that "Energy can be neither created nor destroyed" So, the energy in a being that dies does not end, it moves away from that body and becomes part of the earth and the wind and everything else. When a new baby is born a collective of that energy becomes that new baby. Science supports this idea. Also, why did "god" stop doing miracles such as parting the sea or anything like that. When is the last time you know of a miracle of the magnitude spoken in the bible? The old testiment states "An eye for an eye..." The new testiment states "Forgive thy neighbor" Um... I could list nearly 100 inconsistencies in the bible. OK, so let's just assume that the bible is a novel written by someone and it's their own idea of what happened.. Also, who is to say that there aren't many gods as the Romans believed? If "god" created the earth, who created all the other planets? And anyone who believes that there is no chance of another planet in the universe that is capable of sustaining life is just ignorant. OK, anyways... [/end god rant]

There is no way that this will happen... Star Trek episodes go beyond that date... (haha, jk) I believe that if it was posing a threat we could find a way to redirect it, don't you think? Our technology I believe would allow us that.

(oh, and YES I know how much it makes you "god fearing" people mad to see "god's" name without a capital...)

un4given1 <- God forgives. I'll just say this: I've seen Him work myself, so I know He does exist.

When is the last time you know of a miracle of the magnitude spoken in the bible?
Why should He do miracles anymore. He came to earth once, and people rejected Him. Now, He's waiting his time, letting people choose what to believe, doing things in hidden ways, guiding life and those who believe in Him.
I know how much it makes you "god fearing" people mad to see "god's" name without a capital...
:) Edited by KJxp

un4given1 <- yeah. If you were, you'd know God exists. I'll just say this: I've seen God work myself, so I know he does exist.

OK, what exactly is "god's work?" What have you seen yourself that makes you believe there is an "outside influence" calling the shots? Maybe you see it on the news.. the coutless people that are "good people" that "god" lets die in the most inhumane ways. Maybe it's my brother's son being born with Cerebral Paulsey (sp?) and at 2 1/2 is just starting to walk and can't say more than 3 words. Maybe it's his pregnant wife laying in the hallway almost dead when he came home the other day. Maybe it's my father spending the last year of his life battling cancer... although he was just announced as being cancer free (I'm sure you will believe that your "god" had something to do with this when it was medical science). I have never seen anything in my life that has been unexplainable and could be the work of "god." Even during the 5 years of my life that I devoted to being a Lutheran Christian. Christianity, as any other religion, is just an accepted cult. You spend your life fighting to get into "heaven." When are you going to stop and enjoy a moment for yourself or your family? I am 26. I have a fiance and 2 beautiful baby girls ( http://www.everythingit.org/ff/ ) I believe I control my own destiny and I do not bow before anyone. I work for what I have. My "heaven" is the legacy I leave behind for my children.