OEM Logo

just replace white with the "magic pink" i.e. default windows transparent color which is (255,0,255 in R,G,B)...thats it..anywhere in the image where theres "magic pink" those parts wud be transparent..

just tried it and it doesnt seem to be working.

at the moment im using windows 2000 professional as my other pc is currently not working until i get the parts for it.

any reason y the transparency magic pink isnt working on win2k

for the pink trick to work, (1,1) and (180,114) pixels, must be of the same colour (255,0,255) and image must be 256 colors.

if you want 32 bits resolution that's another thing (alpha layers).

unfortunately im crap at image editing of any kind so i dont have a clue about alpha layers or layering of any kind.

ill give old irfanview a try though and see if that works.

Lemme know if that program works for you. I wanna add transparencies to my image as well. I always thought that you couldn't have transparencies in bmps because they're rastor graphics. But I guess you're not really setting it as transparent, you're just using a "magic pink."

To make a transparent bitmap you must make sure that the bitmap has been converted to Indexed 256 colour. 24bit Bitmaps will not make a transparent image. Make sure that pixel (0,0) in the top left most part of the picture has the colour you want to be transparent.

If you have a background colour that you do not want to be transparent put another colour at pixel (0,0), preferably 1 that doesn't appear in the rest of the image. Some image editors allow you to add a colour to the palette if needed.

In some cases setting colour 0 in the colour index also can help.

And here is the webpage quoted, with a freeware tool.