98 FE + 98 SE + ME updates + patches + (hot)fixes

please REMOVE the Q920213.EXE patch off your web site, MDGx. The updated files from unofficial 920213 patch do NOT work under Win98/ME (they are actually Windows-specific based). Running the updated AGENTSVR.EXE file resulted in the error message "The AGENTSVR.EXE file is linked to missing export USER32.DLL:UpdateLayeredWindow". I un-installed MS Agent and re-install it on my WinME computer and original AGENTSVR.EXE file runs with no errors.

along with deleting unofficial Q920213 MS Agent fix for Win9x/ME/NT4 [which does not work under these OSes], please REMOVE the Western Australian Daylight Savime Time KB928939 updates and the link to MS article 928939 which Microsoft removed from their Support site. They've been replaced [aka. superseded] by the KB929120 updates for WinXP & Server 2003:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929120

KB929120 does NOT completely replace KB928388 because KB929120 does NOT contain the 2007 DST registry entries found in the KB928388 updates.

remove unofficial KB928939 fixes and replace them with unofficial KB929120 fixes

Edited by erpdude8

98MP10 Here:

http://www.mdgx.com/wmp.htm#98MP10

Merged all 98SE2XP + 98SEMP10 files into unified 98MP10.EXE.

No need to install 98SE2XP or 98SEMP10 anymore:

* 98MP10: Unofficial Windows Media Player 10.0 (WMP10) XP + XP SP2 WMP9 + XP SP1 IE 6.0 SP1 Killer Replacements for Windows 98 SE/ME:

http://www.mdgx.com/98mp10/98MP10.TXT

Direct download [6 MB, English]:

http://www.mdgx.com/98mp10/98MP10.EXE

Requires MS IE 6.0 SP1:

http://www.mdgx.com/toy.htm#IEX

+ WMP9:

http://www.mdgx.com/wmp.htm#WMP9

already installed!

More info:

http://www.msfn.org/board/?showtopic=53286

98MP10 installs ALL 98SE2XP + 98SEMP10 files!

MDGx, i would like to include this update in autopatcher but the file is not completely unattended --- after you reboot, a text file opens that tells you about the update, but you need to close it before continuing...

so the file will go into the manual installs folder for now. If you make any changes to the file again, maybe come up with a way to provide the info you have (good info) but still making it fully unattended??

Edited by soporific

MDGx, i would like to include this update in autopatcher but the file is not completely unattended --- after you reboot, a text file opens that tells you about the update, but you need to close it before continuing...
Your wish is my command... ;)

I've updated 98MP10.

Now 98MP10.TXT wil not open after reboot anymore.

It still opens [as small EULA screen] when you install 98MP10 without any unattended command line switches, though.

98MP10 [6 MB]:

http://www.mdgx.com/wmp.htm#98MP10

HTH

well MDGx, you've just got one complaint from a Win2k user about how the unofficial patches automatically restart the computer without warning

I should have just added the reg entries by hand...

I hate programs that reboot my computer with out warning :angry:

this was from the 2007 DST Time Zone adjustment for Win2000 thread

well MDGx, you've just got one complaint from a Win2k user about how the unofficial patches automatically restart the computer without warning

It makes too many restart which is annoying

after applying even if you use the switches it stills reboot

heres a list

COPY2GB

CRYPT9X

DXM9X

HHUPD

IE925454

MP923689

OLEUP

Q329048

Q886677

Q918547

Q924191

Q927978

Q928388

RICHED9X

SERVIC9X

SHELL98

TTFPAK

U891711

VS6SP6U

i have to keep them all in a seperate folder because the reboot automatically

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

It makes too many restart which is annoying

after applying even if you use the switches it stills reboot

heres a list

COPY2GB

CRYPT9X

DXM9X

HHUPD

IE925454

MP923689

OLEUP

Q329048

Q886677

Q918547

Q924191

Q927978

Q928388

RICHED9X

SERVIC9X

SHELL98

TTFPAK

U891711

VS6SP6U

i have to keep them all in a seperate folder because the reboot automatically

I dont have issues with them because I run those patches with the "/R:N" switch, which DOES prevent an automatic reboot.

perhaps I should request that these patches should prompt to restart the computer rather than performing an automatic reboot when they are done.

perhaps I should request that these patches should prompt to restart the computer rather than performing an automatic reboot when they are done.

Yes please :)...

I second that...

I track all changes to my registry and files using RegShot...

http://regshot.blog.googlepages.com/regshot.html

Can't do that when the "fixes" automatically reboot my computer...

I've been unpacking them, editing the inf files, and installing them using the inf's, to avoid the reboot...

Hi MDGx,

Regarding the True Type Font Pack, I've read that a recent Microsoft Office 2007 Compatibility Pack includes some Vista fonts . Would it be possible to include these in a future version of TTFPAK?

Season's Greetings to one and all.

and what about the 2 fonts from the Win98 resource kit

arialals.ttf

arialalt.ttf

and then you have the ones from plus98

bauhs93.ttf

curlz___.ttf

DC______.ttf

jokerman.ttf

rock.ttf

stop.ttf

tempsitc.ttf

tcb_____.ttf

tccb____.ttf

tccm____.ttf

vixarasc.ttf

wingdng2.ttf

wingdng3.ttf

and what is VERINST.exe for?

Q925398 does not install properly i still have older version

of STRMDLL.DLL which is 4.1.00.3925

Q926247 does not prompt before install

and after installation i keep getting SNMP message saying

could not launch application at start up

and can you update Qfecheck.exe with version 4.10.0.1998 because it has version 4.0.0.950 which breaks

the expansion tree but the older version creates the shortcut in system tool

and i would like to keep that function I even gave it a better icon

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Q925398 does not install properly i still have older version

of STRMDLL.DLL which is 4.1.00.3925

and can you update Qfecheck.exe with version 4.10.0.1998 because it has version 4.0.0.950 which breaks

the expansion tree but the older version creates the shortcut in system tool

and i would like to keep that function I even gave it a better icon

unofficial Q926247 SNMP patch needs to be REMOVED from MDGx's web site (PROBLEMCHYLD, the Q926247 patch is mostly created by the_guy; MDGx's unofficial patches ALWAYS display a prompt to install patches). Like the unofficial Q920213 MS agent patch, Q926247 SNMP patch is incompatible with Windows 9X/ME/NT4 systems and fails with either a "link to missing export" error message or crashes W9XMENT4 systems.

Looks like unofficial Q925398 patch needs to be revised. The CopyFiles section (or whatever the CopyFiles section is named as) should have STRMDLL.DLL as "STRMDLL.DLL,,,4". This will make the patch copy its STRMDLL.DLL file and overwrite the existing the version.

@erpdude8: What errors are appearing with the unofficial 926247 patch? What OS are these errors appearing on? What missing export? There shouldn't be any on a 98SE system, I might just revise it to not install on 95.

the_guy

@erpdude8: What errors are appearing with the unofficial 926247 patch? What OS are these errors appearing on? What missing export? There shouldn't be any on a 98SE system, I might just revise it to not install on 95.

the_guy

they do NOT work under Win95. might work OK on Win98/ME systems as I've recently tested.

this was PROBLEMCHYLD's quote, the_guy! Ask him why he's getting problems with the unofficial 926247 SNMP patch.
I have rebooted but didn't work on XP SP1 system. I just ran KB928388 on SP1 and worked fine.

MDGx, please revise unofficial 928388 DST patch [KB928388.EXE]. I got this from an XP SP1 user.

Edited by erpdude8

I'll be sending a revised Q926247 update to MDGx in the next few days with an install prompt and it won't install on Windows 95. Replace snmp.exe and snmpapi.dll with the versions from the Windows 95 Winsock2 update.

the_guy

I'll be sending a revised Q926247 update to MDGx in the next few days with an install prompt and it won't install on Windows 95. Replace snmp.exe and snmpapi.dll with the versions from the Windows 95 Winsock2 update.

the_guy

I'll test the unofficial Q926247 files on a Win95 + Winsock2 PC. I'll post the results later this afternoon.

also has Q926247 been tested under NT4?

Edited by erpdude8