right click menu?

I was wondering, I remember from certain older versions of Windows, you used to be able to right click any file inside a folder, or just the folder itself and the option "select all" was there. That made it very easy to highlight a large number of files or subfolders quickly. Now, the only place I can find the "select all" command is up in the edit menu. This is with XP Pro SP2. Anyone know of a good way to add the "select all" command to the right-click context menu?

To clarify: The select all command does exist if you right click inside of text box, like in an eMail or a forum post, but it doesn't exist if you right click anywhere in a folder or when you right click a folder. I'd like to add this feature. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure it is possible to rightclick a file/folder and have an option to "Select All"... although, after seeing the skills of some of the people on this forum I have come to beleive that nothing is impossible.

Wether there is a way or not, you can always select from the menu bar at the top: Edit -> Select All : or like HyperHacker said, just use Ctrl+A (it can't get any faster than that)

@ senshi: anythings possible, just depends on how big of a headache your willing to have :P

@hyper hacker: thanks... I was way overthinking this and then i re-read your post and it hit me... send the key combo!

homer_bigdoh.gif

@syntax01010:

took me awhile and i'd still like to be able to do it from the folder background menu instead of the all files/folders menus, but other than frustrating me there's not that much practical difference. here (see #2)

Edited by spiritpyre