Win2003 Server and Ping problem with routers

I have got two Cisco routers 2600 ( A and B ) connected to each other by serial cable through their serial interfaces.

I connected PC to each router via its fast Ethernet interface, (i.e PC to router A called LANA, and another PC to router B called LANB ). The OS on these PCs are win2003 server without SP1, (i.e no firewall).

I tried to telnet to the router A form its directly connected PC LANA, I could not!!

I tried to ping to the router B from its directly connected PC LANB, I could not.!!!!

I thought the problem with PCs (not OS, first thought), I replaced one of the PC with my laptop (also get win2003 without SP1 and no firewall), same problem was going on.

Now I replaced the OS (not the PC, because I have dual OSs on each PC) for both PCs with WinXP and Win2000 Sever, they worked fine, with out any problem.

Note: When I was using win2003 I was able to ping from each router to PC but not vice versa.

Is there any default configuration in win2003, I have to aware of it ? Bear in mind that I used 3 different PCs (i.e. if there is probelm with one it should not be with other one as well), with win2003 server no SP1, all behaves in the same way

if you can ping your box from the router, but not the router from the box then ICMP has been disabled on the router (security) can you ping LANA from LANB router? ... another thing, you have to enable telnet access on CISCO routers ... I assume you're taking CCNA labs, telnet access should be among chapters in the first semester ...

then ICMP has been disabled on the router (security)
another thing, you have to enable telnet access on CISCO routers ... I assume you're taking CCNA labs, telnet access should be among chapters in the first semester ...

My answer would be:

Now I replaced the OS (not the PC, because I have dual OSs on each PC) for both PCs with WinXP and Win2000 Sever, they worked fine, with out any problem.

If the telent has not been enabled, how XP and Win2000 Server can telent?!!!

Well first you've edited your post later, never mind :) anyway, this Now I replaced the OS (not the PC, because I have dual OSs on each PC) for both PCs with WinXP and Win2000 Sever, they worked fine, with out any problem. still doesn't explain what means "worked fine" ... could you ping the routers, could you telnet to the routers ... anyway, there is no reason for not being able to ping anything from the Win2k3 box ... the only node that can drop the ping packet is the one you're trying to ping, in your case the router ...

Try installing Win2k3 SP1 and don't forget to apply the latest hotfix for tcp/ip flaw

Well first you've edited your post later, never mind  anyway, this Now I replaced the OS (not the PC, because I have dual OSs on each PC) for both PCs with WinXP and Win2000 Sever, they worked fine, with out any problem.
No, I have never edited my reply, believe me, I have edited once, before I posted it as final version (6 hours and 16 minutes before your fisr reply), and see the time for my first posting and your first reply :

"Posted Today, 06:16 AM".

Your reply was:

"Posted Today, 12:42 PM"

still doesn't explain what means "worked fine" ... could you ping the routers, could you telnet to the routers ...

Yes I can telnet and ping and http also to router.

anyway, there is no reason for not being able to ping anything from the Win2k3 box ... the only node that can drop the ping packet is the one you're trying to ping, in your case the router ...
Btw, this is not the first time that this problem occured, my friend had faced same thing before two weeks.
Try installing Win2k3 SP1 and don't forget to apply the latest hotfix for tcp/ip flaw

I will and let you know

• 2 weeks later...