Nero 6.6.0.1.3 Silent Install + Reg

kcaj

First of all, I just want to say that I've looked at several ways of getting Nero to silent install with the seriel number and i cant seem to get it to work... :blushing: Please please can someone help, because Nero 6 is one of the programs i really feel is essential to my Unattended XP CD...thanx for taking a look anyways, and huge thanx for any assistance in advance! :hello:

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Ahead Nero V6.6.0.13 Ultra" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Apps\Nero\register.reg" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Apps\Nero\Nero66013.exe /silent /noreboot /NO_UI /sn=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX /write_sn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 3 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Apps\Nero\WMAPlugin20933.exe /SILENT /NOREBOOT" /f

This is how I do...

1 download Nero installer

2 download foood icons

3 extract the Nero installer with winrar

4 now add all the extracted Nero files to winrar again and put these comments:

Setup=Setupx.exe /NOCANCEL /NOLICENCE /NOREBOOT /NO_UI /SILENT /SN=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 6.6.0.13 Ahead Software AG

5 convert your archive into SFX and choose advanced sfx options > tab: text & icons > load sfx icon from the file...choose the icon you like (the one u dl-ed from foood.net)

and hit the OK button :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hey DLF

in your post you refered to this

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Apps\Nero\register.reg" /f

about that register.reg

what about that one how does it look like?

Thanx

It looks something like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"Serial6"="1A23-0619-9140-2450-7509-7772"
"User"="Sun Tzu"
"Company"="The Dynasty"

Of course, put in your own serial number, User, and Company.

Ohh okey so i need that even though i run the serial number in the RunOnceEx.cmd?

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Apps\Nero\Nero66013.exe /silent /noreboot /NO_UI /sn=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX /write_sn" /f

If the serial works for you in RunOnceEx, then you probably don't need the .reg file. I use a reg file because I found the other way was less certain. who knows why? Maybe I did something wrong. Never mind. The reg file works for me and I use it because it is exactly the information the install file uses when you are "upgrading" to a newer version. doing them both can't hurt either! :o)