I Want My XPC ...

de4dmetal

@Alanoll

I have been watching this forum with interest for some-time, i use XPcreate from back when Green Machine had it out there for free, i have been hesitant to send my details to him due to all the negative feedback on this forum, your actions if they prove successful, would be very much appreciated by a lot of people i feel. :D

Yes, i sent my application to the Green Machine back on the 4th May only to hear nothing. Still i suppose that the lad must be very busy. It must be a problem to come up with an idea and then get buried in a flock of us sparrows all pecking away at him/her.

Be well

Tom

I read on some newsgroups, after sending this guy my name and email address, that this is a fake setup that collects names and email addresses for whatever purposes I do not know. All I know is that since I have been waiting since April 6 and have not been afforded the common courtesy of anything from this guy, I think the Newsgroup Warnings must hold water.

I'm sure you have been mis-informed. I don't believe that he would do anything of the sort and it is only a way for him to track what copy of xpcreate people has, and how many people have it, in the same way that other people/companies require you to register in order to aquire the free software - instead of just a simple download link.

I'm sure he has valid reason behind not posting anything regarding the matter or replying to the emails sent.

I know there are alot of annoying people here regarding this matter, but we dont know the whole situation so...

@Alanoll - Good work as always :) Good to see a admin helping "cool the fire" here in this part of the forum :)

@tashammer: Quite right :) and Welcome to MSFN :)

Regards all,

Nath.

Edited by it_ybd

What happens on Friday? (Which was yesterday for me).

Tom

I go ahead with my plan...and I was going to wait till the end of Friday which is currently 10am

Good oh :) I have lots to keep me out of mischief as i experiment with all these not so unattended xp installs (looking for the simplest - thinking is bad for my head).

And it's about time i went to bed anyway (1.13 a.m. Saturday morning)

Be well

Tom

in the same way that other people/companies require you to register in order to aquire the free software - instead of just a simple download link.

Actually he isn't anything like "other people/companies" that require you to "register before being able to aquire” (acquire) the software. Other people/companies actually have the common courtesy of rewarding your registration by actually allowing you to acquire the software where this guy seems to be playing some kind of devious game. Doesn't say much for the possibilities of becoming a paid customer if you can't even get this guy to have the common courtesy to respond to his own required UN/PW request form submittals.

And I'm not the only one that seems to be seeing it this way from some of the threads I have seen on the news groups. IF this guy is legitimate, which all indications seems to point to the fact that he isn't, then he is only hurting the future reputation of himself and his product by playing these silly discourteous games with people that presented the good faith, good will interest in his product in the first place.

Regards,

There are alternatives who's creators will actually let you download and try.  I mean... A Big  DUH!

Wow, imagine that…. There are software providers out there that have the common courtesy of responding to your registration request by actually allowing you to download the software that you filled out the registration request for in the first place. WHAT A NOVIL IDEA!

Common Courtesy indicates Legitimacy

Regards,