ESS.BAT

phalinj

Hi, when I start my pc, after I log in and everything finishes launching I get an error message that says, "cannot find ess.bat

What does this mean? And does anyone know how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, when I start my pc, after I log in and everything finishes launching I get an error message that says, "cannot find ess.bat

What does this mean? And does anyone know how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!

It means that some process or another in your Start Up is looking to run a batch script (.bat file) called ess.bat. To fix it, you need to find out where the file is being called from and either remove the reference or find a way to replace the file.

A quick search on Google returned many foreign language form sites that may or may not have linked this particular file to a virus or trojan. Might want to consider updating the definitions of your antivirus and antispyware programs and running them to see if they detect anything.

There are many programs available that monitor your Start Up folder and registry entries, but Windows also has a built-in one that you can use as well. Just open a Run prompt and type msconfig and hit enter. The Startup tab lists everything that is going to be run every time you boot the PC and log in, and includes a reference saying where it is being called from. It's not as pretty or as easy to read as many of the other applications out there, but it does have the advantage of being already installed if you don't have anything else. :)

Keep us posted.

Hi folks,

When I boot up my PC I get the above error message. Can anyone tell me what it means and how to resolve the problem. I have done a search on Google but found nothing.

Its really annoying me!

Thanks in advance guys  :)

Looks like someone else was having the exact same problem you are, phalinj. This quote is from a thread started just yesterday. Next time, please use the search function before started a new thread to address an issue that is already being discussed. :no:

See the other topic here.