98SE2ME = Killer Replacements: ME -> 98 SE

always appreciative of all that you and the contributors do........... don't know if you saw my post edit p.s. or i'm in the wrong thread on this wish......... what about combing the date/time and regional settings into one .cpl on any new mods?????
This requires hexing the CPL [and probably other files too], which is not the scope of 98SE2ME.

98SE2ME is not a tweaking tool, but only a collection of scripts created with only 1 purpose: to facilitate the installation of WinME system files from WinME Setup CD unattended on 98SE OS.

Please see READ1ST.TXT for more details:

READ1ST.TXT

To customize date/time/regional values on your computer the way u want:

- either open control panel -> open appropriate CPL -> make your changes -> save.

- either open Regedit -> go to appropriate reg subkey [most time/date values are kept under HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\International ] -> change what u want -> save.

- either use a tweaking tool like X-Setup [v6.6 is freeware]:

http://www.mdgx.com/toy.htm#SYS

Hope this helps.

New 98 SE logos: Attached here.98SELOGOS.rar

Preview Pic: (Startup shown, Shutdown is similar)

98SELOGO_prv.GIF

Please give feedback on the logos (positive or negative) :yes:.

I'm not quite happy with these yet.

Thanks,

-Ex

Edit:

I didn't like how the window frames looked squashed, so I made some changes to the blue and orange ones. Let me know if you like them better now. BTW, feel free to PM me so we don't put too much clutter in MDGx's thread. ;)

Edited by Excalibur007

New 98 SE2ME logos: Attached here.SE2MELOGOS.rar

Preview Pic: (Startup shown, Shutdown is similar)

SE2MELOGO_prv.GIF

Please give feedback. I also have them with transparency in the window frames instead of the colors fading to white. The transparent ones don't stand out as much as these, but if you think you'd like to see them, let me know.

Thanks,

-Ex

Edit:

I didn't like how the window frames looked squashed, so I made some changes to the blue and orange ones. Let me know if you like them better now. BTW, feel free to PM me so we don't put too much clutter in MDGx's thread. ;)

Edited by Excalibur007

Hi Infamous, and welcome to MSFN forums.

Must have been either a short outage on part of my provider, or if you were using a download manager, you need to disable it and use your web browser to d/l any file at my site.

My provider's servers do not support download managers.

Link works now [please try again]:

http://www.mdgx.com/4

as of Saturday August 6 5PM GMT.

About translating 98SE2ME into German:

D/l 98SE2ME, install it, and then open C:\9!M\INNOFILE.TXT in Notepad: contains a few guidelines about what needs to be done to translate 98SE2ME into languages other than English.

If you need more help besides that, please E-mail me.

Hope this helps.

I had no Luck downloading it with Windows. :no: Everytime I get the 403 Errorpage. Then i booted my Linux (Vectorlinux 5.1) and the Site opens in my Browser and i downloaded all the files i needed. :thumbup

what kind of detail did you mind. i think maybe the problem it's from the mouse driver. i try to run my com with step n step confirmation. everything it's ok, and then the com say can't load mouse.drv. if i enter my com shut down.

sorry for my english...

New 98 SE logos:

Please give feedback on the logos (positive or negative)  :yes:

I'm not quite happy with these yet.

I think these logos are nice, but they don't look like Windows 98 logos, more like Windows ME logos I'd say.

Petr

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It's much appreciated.

I think these logos are nice, but they don't look like Windows 98 logos, more like Windows ME logos I'd say.

Petr

Yeah, I had thought the same thing, but decided to go with it because the 98 logo by itself is a bit plain and could use some sprucing up. Both ME and 2K had frames to go along with the main logo, (not neccessarily in the startup logo, but in other areas), so I figure why not add em to 98? :thumbup For 98SE2ME, I think it fits right in. Also, I like to use the "Window frames" graphics from ME/2K in other places in 98, such as the "WVLEFT.BMP":

ExplorerWindow.jpg

(Notice the background of the top left webview of the Explorer window)

Gape, if you want to use this but would like me to remove the window frames and go back to a plain Windows logo for the 98SE SP, let me know and I'll take care of it. :)

-Ex

P.S.

If you downloaded the one ones I first uploaded, please download again. I just noticed that the updated SE logo has only 1 download and the updated SE2ME logo has none. :lol:

Edited by Excalibur007

I had no Luck downloading it with Windows. Everytime I get the 403 Errorpage. Then i booted my Linux (Vectorlinux 5.1) and the Site opens in my Browser and i downloaded all the files i needed.
Sounds like your Windows IE security [server redirects ?], firewall or HOSTS settings deny access to either my web site, my site provider's MySQL servers or both, unless you're using a download manager. Most download managers are not supported by my provider's servers config. :( Edited by MDGx