Sil raid 3114r5 64 bit winxp drivers

Hi people can anyone help me.......need Sil raid 3114r5 winxp 64bit drivers

I have a gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard,Any help or advice would be appriciated.

Could someone please send me the si3114r and si3114r5 driver that Dynaletik put

on his ftp the link in his post doesnt work or has been moved :)

Goto the Gigabyte web site, You can download the 64bit beta drivers from there, however unless you are using a RAID configuation then you dont need the drivers to set-up windows xp 64bit, you have the same mobo as me, windows automatically detects the drive during set-up.

windows will only auto detect the nforce sata controller, single drives.(non raid)

most other controllers, including silicon, need a floppy disk.

even the nvidia controller needs drivers if you use the raid function

Thats what I said, unless you are using RAID then you dont need any drivers, If you are using RAID Sil or Nvidia then you can get the 64bit Beta drivers from the gigabyte web site, just select support/motherboard/drivers then select your mobo.

hpor was asking about the SILICON IMAGE drivers.

in your comment you made it sound like no matter what brand the controller was, if you were not using raid then you wouldn't need drivers. This is not the case.

i simply pointed out that only a select few chipsets, including the nvidia one have the plain sata bus drivers built into windows, and for most other chipsets - including the SILICON chipset, you would need a driver disk.

it doesn't matter if you use them in a single drive config or a raid config, you will still need a floppy disk to supply windows with the correct drivers

Thank You

• 3 months later...
Hi people can anyone help me.......need Sil raid 3114r5 winxp 64bit drivers

I have a gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard,Any help or advice would be appriciated.

Could someone please send me the si3114r and si3114r5 driver that Dynaletik put

on his ftp the link in his post doesnt work or has been moved :)

I got the exact same m/b with two Hitachi 250gb SATAII HD configured with Raid 1. Here's where I download the SI3114r5 driver. Silicon Image Si3114 drivers