"New Hardware Detected" huge trouble, please help

DJ_Datte

Okay, I usually try to figure out things for myself, but I've been having huge trouble with this, and havent been able to fix it since starting to come thease forums about a year ago !

When I make my unattended cd with the driverpacks, it all installs flawlessly, no problem whatsoever... BUT

After windows installation, whenver I plug in a device, like a mouse, windows opens the "new hardware wizard" and tells me to either install drivers automatically or if I want to specify. Why in the world does it do this for default drivers ?

I mean, in default XP, when I plug in a standard usb mouse, it just displays a "new hardware detected" in the systray, and installs the driver autmatically. Isnt that possible to do ? I mean, I am not trying to install hardware that isnt supported by windows, its standard stuff, that in the normal version works perfectly.

I run a internet café, and its extremly annoying to have it pop up when you just for example move the mouse to the other USB port or such.

I am ready to do just about *anything* to have this solved!

Yours kindly,

Damir

If you have deleted the driver.cab or ripped out some driver by using nLite or so you will be asked for giving the driver path(or i-net searching) because windows cannot find the proper diver in its environment.

If you have deleted the driver.cab or ripped out some driver by using nLite or so you will be asked for giving the driver path(or i-net searching) because windows cannot find the proper diver in its environment.

Is there a list of things that will throw up this nasty bug? It's tormented me for 2 weeks now. Is it a side effect of BTS's driver packs? Or only when a driver has been removed from driver.cab?

The hardware wizard also seems to ask for access to windows update for drivers, no matter what regtweaks i use to turn it off.

I am also seeing this with an install disk I created using nLite. So if I just leave everything in the nLite install under drivers it should work fine without constantly asking me to go to Windows Update every time I plug in a new Microsoft Mouse?

If you use nLite, the only driver should be removed is the "toshiba dvd cards"(if you dont use notebook you can also remove the notebook driver e.g. thinkpad etc.) and keep all other things. Sometime in your life you could need them.,