Win 9x Menu Shadows.

It could fall on Gape or Tihiy' watch, so I've started a new topic. Since Win 2000, I've coveted menu shadows on my Win 9x PCs. It's subtle, It's sweet. It's cool. On Win 2000/XP it is tied to alpha transparency and is a system wide function. That means you could probably put shadows on anything (windows, icons, etc.). I not asking for much, just the menus. Menus are small, transient and don't move once they are created, so I don't expect the resource load would be to big. Also, menus are rectangular, not requiring a complex general purpose API that would draw shadows for any shape.

Any takers?

Feature requests like these would totally crapware the Win98SE SP.

If you want eyecandy install the newer OSs, the only thing people should want from the Win98SE SP is bugfixes and feature upgrades MS has created but decided not te release publically/easily.

Actually, I meant this post for everyone. For Gape if it was a simple matter of scarfing a couple o' '.dll's from Win 2000 and adding them to UW98SP. Unlikely. Or (more likely) Tihiy, who would have to perform some o' his magic. And to other folk on the board that have some talent.

Rhelic, if you have dared to install Tihiys Revolution Pack, you would notice that he's already well along the way to putting some 'eye candy' onto ol' Win9x.

Well folks, it may not be a done deal but at least it's in the works!

Check out this post from Tihiy:

Tihiys' Post

I guess 200+ posts in three days does show some interest in this feature. Eye candy is good as long as you make it optional. That way everyone is happy.