Do you like java?

sonu27

Do you like java?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like java?

• Yes
    • No

While on the topic... Would some of you programmers explain exactly what it does. I know of lotsa websites that need speedtest.dslreports.com for one and yahoo's games always need java..... But in intelligent terms, exactly what does it do????

thx

aj

Beleive it or not, but I've installed java on my computer.

Just for limewire. LOL

:realmad: To each their own, but LimeWire *SUCKS*. Searches for everything you're not looking for, takes forever to start up and shut down...

Ahem, anyway, I don't like Java. I don't go anywhere that requires Java. Although, I had to install it today to test if I could do a loopback connection to my own PC with UltraVNC, which *RULES*. Once I found out it worked, I uninstalled the Java. :hello:

• 3 weeks later...

OMG 14 on 14 will anyone break the dead-lock?

Beleive it or not, but I've installed java on my computer.

Just for limewire. LOL

:realmad: To each their own, but LimeWire *SUCKS*. Searches for everything you're not looking for, takes forever to start up and shut down...

Ahem, anyway, I don't like Java. I don't go anywhere that requires Java. Although, I had to install it today to test if I could do a loopback connection to my own PC with UltraVNC, which *RULES*. Once I found out it worked, I uninstalled the Java. :hello:

It's not my favorit but i don't mind it.

Both of you two are correct. I don't mind it but stay away from it. Not my fav. but its everywhere like phones becuase someone can't invent somfing that can do that smae things as java. :lol:

Java is a great language but it has not become mainstream in terms of desktop apps simply because of that fact that the basic premise of Java to write once and run anywhere requires that the program run on top of a virtual machine and that is why there is a long time to load up the program. Though performance has improved and though I am an avid Java fan I still dont think that despite all its improvements in JDK 1.5 in terms of performance Java still has a long while to go. There are options however where you wrote the app in Java but then you compile it into an exe file and you run it natively thus giving you full speed.

I am working on getting my Java cert next week for the programmer version and then hope to get the dev exam out of the way as well if I pass the programmer exam first!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like Java as programs created with it are relatively slow and memory consuming...

But its cross-platform capabilities (plus it runs fast enough in Linux), and the Grasshopper project that converts .NET into Java are good points...

But I still don't like Java, Java sites are very slow...

:lol: @ sonu now its 21:22 !

Edited by ChipCraze23