Drivers Wanted (not A Vw Ad)

HashDump

Hello fellow MSFNites,

I went out and bought an emachine yesterday :rolleyes: to setup as my server here at home. (okay, so emachine is CHEAP alternative) I loaded Windows 2K server (over XP home), install went easy. Looked in device manager and noticed I had to install some drivers. Pulled out the Emachine disks and loaded video drivers, audio drivers, chipset drivers, all no problem. Device manager is not recognizing USB controller or PCI controller. Found out Mobo is Imperial :) cannot locate this outfit to find these drivers. Any reasonable suggestions or advice you may have? And no, taking the machine back is not an alternative :D

Drews correct, thats one of the typical problems encountered from doing an "upgrade"

If you take the side of your case off and jot down the FCC number then you can go to the FCC site and find out where to get the proper drivers for your motherboard, same with any equipment that you might need drivers for. just because the board says "imperial" on it doesent mean it is made by them.. it might be made by Gigabyte or someone.. they just put their own logos and packaging on it. (you would be suprised how many modems are based on Rockwell chipsets.. almost all of them can use the same drivers)

i mean the FCC number of the motherboard.. theres one on every bit of electrical hardware in there (or should be). its usually printed on the PCB.

i just reread my post and i made out like it would be on the case itself.

once you have the FCC number of your board you can put the number in google or go to the FCC website and search there. both should give the same result.

What kind of chipset does your mobo have? Via,Intel?You can get the latest drivers for both.It looks like you need special drivers for your usb hub to be recognised.E-machines should have provided you with those.Did you try the hardware wizard so that you can choose the usb and then point to the cd rom to obtain the drivers?Also,browse the E-machine disk,maybe it's in there somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...