Network install (Applications)

This is my situation:

Unattended CD:

- SP2 integrated (using nLite <-- THANKS!!)

- BTS Driverpack integrated (Method 3) <-- THANKS BTS!!!

- Registery tweaks OK

- Xpize integrated (THANKS XPIZE!!!)

- Network script running @T-12 (connecting to installation files path from the installations)

Applications Install:

- Using Xplode (THANKS XPLODE!!)

- XML parsed and working

- Running trough the network (works fine!)

My ERRORRRRR :(:(:( :

The windows XP SP2 has a network security thing pre-installed.

This SH*T block my unattended installations, I have to select "run" every time a new installation starts (This is an "Open file security warning" or something like that)

Thanks for the replyzzz :)

if you go to the properties of the file...theres a button called "unlock"...next time it install it wont ask you to press run...youll have to do it to every file in the share...but i rather do that, that add the server as a trusted site.

Using cmdlines.txt, add server to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap (no. 2 means Trusted).

Easiest way is to add it in gui (in IE Tools - Security etc.), explorting whole registry key to reg file and then rewrite it and import during T-12 phase

It is working, I used it many times...

No, only add the server from where your applications are being run from to the trusted zone and yes the value is two.

To understand it better;

Add a trusted zone to IE via the InternetOptions applet from with the control panel,

then go to the registry key mentioned by soulin above and you'll understand what he means.

No, only add the server from where your applications are being run from to the trusted zone and yes the value is two.

To understand it better;

Add a trusted zone to IE via the InternetOptions applet from with the control panel,

then go to the registry key mentioned by soulin above and you'll understand what he means.

So i tried the following.

I run my registry tweaks in the beginning of my T-12 and and the end of all my installations, here are my tweaks ...

AND STILL I GET THE F***ING WARNING

tweak.reg

I run my registry tweaks in the beginning of my T-12 and and the end of all my installations, here are my tweaks ...

AND STILL I GET THE F***ING  WARNING

Are all of the rest of your tweaks being applied properly? If not, that would probably be a good place to start troubleshooting.

One thing I noticed in browsing your tweak file is that you appear to have set up almost 50 different trusted ranges that each consist of a single address. Why not set up a single trusted range that is 50 address long (ie: 10.0.0.1-10.0.0.50)? If nothing else, it would cut the size of your tweak file almost in half. :P

Also, what is the address of the server you are trying to install from? Have you given it a static address, or is it assigned via DHCP?

Edit:

if you go to the properties of the file...theres a button called "unlock"...next time it install it wont ask you to press run...youll have to do it to every file in the share...but i rather do that, that add the server as a trusted site.

Where are you accessing the properties of the file from? Where is the file whose properties you are modifying stored? Where did it come from?

It sounds to me like you are talking about modifying the properties of a file you've downloaded onto your local PC. That won't work in this case because he is trying to run files from a remote location and he would have to "unlock" them every time he re-installs the OS. As Ducky_ace indicated before, this completely overrides the purpose of creating unattended installs.

Edited by Cartoonite