cd-roms disappears

Hi all.

I have problem with CD and DVD ROMs on two machines. I used nLite last version, Ryan update pack and Drivers pack. I used them first time to create new unattended CD, installations went fine, but after couple hours of work CD-ROM and DVD-ROM missing from computers. Reinstallation don't helps, got message that these devices can not be installed because of corruption in registry or damage.

Any help appreciated.

moo

XP does not like packet writing software, so I hope you are not installing.

For Nero, it's called InCD.

Easy CD Creator has DirectCD.

and so on.

Registry corrupted sounds bad. A clean install maybe the fix ?

You could try this fix. Can help fix lost CDRoms if these entries are present.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"LowerFilters"=-
"UpperFilters"=-

@MHz

Thank you for a tweak, but I'm already tryed it. Doesn't work, same messages

I didn't install any burning pakages.

Yes, clean installation fix it, but reason why I ask help is, because it happend when I use my unantended CD created with nLite, Ryan update pack and Drivers Pack from this forum.

Plus to that it happend on sevreal different PCs - HP, Dell, and self-bult PC with MSI mobo. So, I'm lazy person and don't like to spend my time to fix it. Better if I can kill at the beginning.

So, I just wanna figure out why it happend (nLite, Rayn Updates pack or Drivers packs needed attention). And if some of these applications cause the problem , I just would do it manually.

thanks.

moo

XP does not like packet writing software, so I hope you are not installing.

For Nero, it's called InCD.

Easy CD Creator has DirectCD.

and so on.

Registry corrupted sounds bad. A clean install maybe the fix ?

You could try this fix. Can help fix lost CDRoms if these entries are present.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"LowerFilters"=-
"UpperFilters"=-

Just be careful with this fix, as it may break some other programs as well and then you will have to do a reinstall of them...

my tip, once you get your machine setup right, take a copy of this section of yoru registry and you will have the correct entires hexcoded for easy importing later, even through a UA :thumbup

Yesterday ,when i tried my latest nlite build the same thing happend : cdrom COUD NOT BE INSTALLED ;CORRUPT REGISTRY.

I was using Nlite 09.8b5 and Ryan's packs .Problem was Nero self instal pack made with NCAB .Iwas able to solve this by unistalling Nero ,uninstalling the CDROM device from the device driver , and then reboot.After that i was able to install "Nero self instal pack" and everything was fine again.

I hope this help.

:)

Thank you guys!

Because my version of unintended CD created with nLite 0.97 working well, I just decide to use it again, and integrate new hot fixes and drivers manually.

moo

1. Ryan's pack is not compatible with 0.97

2. even .99 has issues also with ryan's pack

3. .99 can't install all the hotfixes correctly even if u tried to do it manually.

Only Iceman's script can do that.

If you are a newbie stay away from nlite.

Now, what is one to make of that?

....bunch of other stuff I'm editing out.

I have looked around some and now I can see where you are coming from. Like any powertool, nLite can go bad in a big way if you are not careful, and know what your actions in the tool can lead to. I believe that is essentially your stance.

I was mystified why someone who has been with the forum for as many postings as you have was so negative about it. The forum is likely fortunate in having a somewhat negative opinion in it, for balance.

Can you provide a link to this "Iceman's script" you refer to?