A question to bloggers

bguillaume

Alright I decided to write out various on various subjects. After looking for good tools I decided to enroll with Typepad Pro as it has no ads (unlike Blogsome or Blogger) and since all is webbased, it doesn't need any special tools (unlike Wordpress)

I intend to speak about different things and that can already picture out:

- Tech stuff (of course) and especially the latest Yahoo upcomings

- My Job, its particularities, open questions about education, open debates

- Hobbies(music, movies)

-"Smoking Kills": I made a deal with myself that by the end of the trial period of Typepad Pro I will stop smoking and put the money I usually spend on cigarettes in my subscription. Gonna write about the experience.

-photo albums

So here is my question:

Is it better to create categories or to open several blogs, one for each section?

I'm just telling myself that an entry about Yahoo next to one about my job would probly look kinda weird for the visitor that might be a bit lost. What do you think (considering that Typepad Pro lets me create as any blog as i want on the same main account)D o the categories speak for themselves or would it be better to have a homepage with tabs linking to different blogs?

Thanks

A general policy is that your number of categories (or blogs) should be lesser than the posts within them.

For example, 3 categories/blogs should have atleast 100 posts in each - else it gives the reader an "empty"-ish kind of feeling. I suggest that you let a sizeable number of posts accumulate and then start sorting them into categories or blogs.