[Release] Windows XP PowerPacker

Let me know how it goes. moesasji and I were on msn messanger and he still had the same problem. But when he tried it on a slower computer 800MHz and it worked fine. This is really weird. Because my computer is a 3700+ Athlon 64. Which is very fast. moesasji's computer is a 1.8 with 1gb ram. Yours is a 2.8GHz. I think you need .NET installed to use the bootfolder.exe version... but moesasji has it installed.

I can't seem to re-create this problem on my computer. I will try to go to my office tonight and test it on a few computers there.

OK... I have now tested on 2 more different computers and everything went through ok. I used the Original PowerPacker v1.06.

I am going to try to re-create this error on another computer now.

@All I need extensive testing to help me work out this issue. Please post here any problems or success storys about my PowerPacker tool.

Thank you to all Beta Testers! I really do appreciate it.

Edited by Siginet

I've tried to re-create this error on multiple computers now and I can't seem to do it. Every computer I try it on does the job perfectly. I'm not saying the bug isn't there... but it is kind of hard to re-code something when you don't know exactly where the problem is. I will keep trying it on every computer I get a chance to try it on... and I will try to better the error checking code in the program.

You know, I wouldn't put it past me that I'm doing something wrong myself :huh: . I've downloaded the winnt32 version again and tried it again. Still getting the error msg about the hptmv6 file during the winnt32 (Scare) portion of the build. I also noticed that BTS's Driver Pack is choosing the 3rd option instead of the 2nd option that I had asked for originally. I'm still shaky on which option is best for me. I've installed .NET to see if that would make any difference but I still need to try the non-winnt32 version and find out.

:unsure: With the winnt32 version I'm still getting the error: Error opening file setupldr.bin & txtsetup.sif during the HEX editing portion. I decided to try the User Attended option without the BTS DriverPacks to see if I still received the hptmv6 error, which I didn't, and that leaves me with wondering if it's either my Drivers Pack or my WINNT.SIF file.

The hptmv6 is caused by the Mass Storage DriverPack. It is a flaw in the newest version of the DriverPacks.

More info can be found HERE. This error is not related to the PowerPacker program. I tried to email you to let you know... but You must not have received my email?

As for the txtsetup.sif and setupldr errors... I can't figure out why you get these errors with the original PowerPacker V1.06.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with user permissions on the computer itself? Maybe there is an AntiSpyware/Antivirus program killing part of the script?

Okay, I'm fired up!!! :w00t: I killed the Symantec Antivirus (Corp. Ed.) 9.02 and ran the non-WINNT32 version. IT WORKS!!! So far, so good. Without the Driver packs. I'll remove the Mass Storage driver pack and give it another shot without them. Question: Siginet - Do you create your builds without the Mass Storage Driver pack?

I used to create my builds without the mass storage DP... But recently they have gotten pretty good. I have edited the DriverPack batch files to fix the problem you are posting. If I can recall what I fixed I will post it. I usually do 3 different Packs for each OS Version/Edition. One Unattended with DP, One Unattended W/O DP, and one Regular W/O Unattended and W/O DP.

This way if I come across a system that does not like the DP I can choose the option W/O DPs. Or if I need to use Windows XP repair I use the Regular load. ;)

I have been thinking about adding another option to PowerPacker to create a Tri-Pack which would automatically create all three packs in one run. ;) But that is hopefully for a release some time in the future.

BTW... That sucks if Symantec 9.02 is the culprit! I currently use Symantec 9.03 and I have no probs. But hopefully we found the issue. Somehow I have got to fix the code so that doesn't cause a problem. Cause I wouldn't want to turn off my AV for anything. :blink:

Edited by Siginet

OK... I have now tested on 2 more different computers and everything went through ok.  I used the Original PowerPacker v1.06.

I am going to try to re-create this error on another computer now.

@All  I need extensive testing to help me work out this issue.  Please post here any problems or success storys about my PowerPacker tool.

Thank you to all Beta Testers! I really do appreciate it.

Hi Siginet,

I'm afraid I have to report that further testing did not yet solve the ntldr.bin and txtsetup.sif-patching problems on my end.

I tried disabling the virus scanner (AVG) and all ad-aware programs, but that didn't help. Then I tried a safe boot, but also in that environment the errors popped up.

I then continued to do an install under a virtual environmet, using VMWare, but als in this virtual environmet, the error pops up. Finally I replaced my soure input disc for another XP source input disc, but this did no good either.... I am running out of options to test: do you have any suggestions ?

BTW, in all tests I use the original PowerPacker 1.06beta (bootfolder.exe edition)

Moesasji

Edited by moesasji

GOOD NEWS (hopefully travels fast).

Siginet and me have solved my problem of not being able to use PowerPacker 1.06. :thumbup

Whatever I tried, I kept getting erors on patching the ntldr.bin and txtsetup.sif.

After some experimenting and thinking, we resolved the problem by uninstalling XPIze from my sytem. XPize tweaked the commandline (cmd.com) and it seems therein lies the problem.... there appear to be compatibilityproblems between XPize and .NET.

My thanks and respect to Siginet for his support and determination; it did the trick and I am looking forward to building my first Multiboot DVD now using PowerPacker 1.06 :w00t:

Congrats!

It was a long week for us! But we finally found the issue. moesasji and I spent quite a few long nights over msn messanger trying to figure out the problem. A huge thank you to him... because without his patience the issue may have never been found.!

Thanks moesasji!