[Release] Windows XP PowerPacker

When i go through the whole routine it says something like: original............(because driverpack mass-storage is n/a)

Is this normal or is mass-storage supposed to be installed?

Sorry forgot to answer your question...

Actually this is a DriverPack question. But it sounds like you are not integrating the Mass Storage pack. If you aren't than that error is normal... and it actually isn't an error it is just reminding you it is not integrating the Mass Storage drivers. ;)

Yes, same error without the DP's. (I always try first without them)

No one else here uses nLite?

finaly found it: If you remove 'manual install and update' with nLite, you get a BSOD.

deleting the win* folder in I386 is not a problem.

Edited by Telenut

• 2 weeks later...
finaly found it: If you remove 'manual install and update' with nLite, you get a BSOD.

deleting the win* folder in I386 is not a problem.

Good news ;) I wonder why it creates an error?

hi i have the same problem with a windows "nlited"

i'm not sure how your program works but maybe the problem is related to this:

in the MSFN Multiboot tutorial there's this:

Creating the Boot Folder

Thanks to gosh from the MSFN forums, I have discovered a much better way to obtain the boot files. While this method is a slight pain, it ensures that everyone has the proper boot files for their DVD. Go to Start -> Run and type or paste the following command with the correct drive letter of course:

D:\AIO-DVD\SETUP\XP\Professional\i386\winnt32.exe /noreboot

taken from here http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/xpprosp1.htm

but i remove the "manual install and update" component with nlite i no longer have winnt32.exe file...

i hope this could help to track the issue, however i'd really like to have PowerPacker working without the manua linstall and update component

thanks

sonica

At the end it says : genereating

Isnt that : generating ?

And i get this error at the end

WARNING: These two files are identical for the first 65536 bytes, but differ
at some point beyond that.  This could be intentional, but it might indicate
that one of these two source files is corrupt:
 D:\A\XPPO\SETUPLDR.BIN
 D:\A\ROOT\XPPO\I386\SETUPLDR.BIN

After that it closes itself....and no iso

Edited by muiz

At the end it says : genereating

Isnt that : generating ?

And i get this error at the end

WARNING: These two files are identical for the first 65536 bytes, but differ
at some point beyond that.  This could be intentional, but it might indicate
that one of these two source files is corrupt:

After that it closes itself....and no iso

Looks like a typo ;) I'll fix it.

As for the error you are getting

that is normal. It is just telling you those files are very simular... but they are a little different. Which is true.

If your iso is not there... then you may not have had enough space on your hard drive to create it. You need to have as much space on your hard drive as you are using in your destination directory. In the next version of powerpacker there is more error checking implemented.

Windows XP PowerPacker v1 RC3 was pretty close to being flawless but...

Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC4 should be finished today. I just have to finish up a few last peices to it.

The biggest change in RC4 is that I've added a powpack.ini file that will remember your previous settings. So if you close powerpacker and reopen it... it will still have all of your settings. ;)

This also opens another idea that I will add to RC5. In RC5 I am going to try to code it so you can call PowerPacker from a batch or script file with a couple parameters. You will be able to specify a .ini file to be used for settings and it will use those settings to create your pack unattendedly. I will also add parameters to compile the iso unattendedly. This way people will be able to create a batch or script file that will create all of the packs and compile the iso all unattended! :thumbup

I think RC5 should be the last Release Candidate. Sorry for so many RC's... I did not expect to add so many new features to it.

Just wanted to let you know RC4 should be online later today.

I also fixed the mis-spelled "Generating" word, Made all progress windows not stay on top, iso compilation will now pop up a window stating it has finished. If the iso was not created or if the iso is 0 kb in size it will tell you something went wrong.

P.S. It would be nice to get some donations from those who enjoy powerpacker. :whistle:

Edited by Siginet

Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC4 is now online! :w00t:

Enjoy! Please be careful of the link you use to download... they have not all been updated yet. It has not been updated at BetaNews.com yet either. It is online at my server though.

Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC4 is now online!  :w00t:

Enjoy!  Please be careful of the link you use to download... they have not all been updated yet.  It has not been updated at BetaNews.com yet either.  It is online at my server though.

1st Run got this AutoIt error immediately:

See attached screen capture

post-18974-1123491921_thumb.png

Edited by ccfly