WMP10 Complete Slipstream

The slipstreamer works well. I have already tested it on a virtual machine. I am not complaining. As far as I'm concerned the slipstreamer is great. I'm just trying to pass on the proper sequence if someone else goes the same route as I did and encounters the same problems that I did. I'm just sharing information. :thumbup

I promise that I'm not lying.

It happened to me just the way I said. Maybe it was just a fluke, but if it happens to someone else then hopefully they will read this thread and understand that sometimes there are bumps in the road so you just navigate them and move on. :D

Using the WMP10_Slipstreamer_v3 does one have to still integrate the 2 MS updates below for WMP 10 or are these already included in the slipstreamer. Latest fresh install using nlite 1.0b6 and WMP10_Slipstreamer_v3 and, then, using nlite to slipstream the updates below resulted in good success. However, some anomolies started occuring with my SB audigy 2 ZS drivers-nothing serious, but, reinstalled drivers on reboot for no apparent reason. Now, everything runs like clockwork.

windowsmedia10-kb888656-x86-global-enu

windowsmedia10-kb892313-x86-enu

yes u have to install that 2 updates or u can unpack my newWMP pack to your I386 folder and u will have after the xp install a up2date wmp10 :D

Thanks for the heads-up, much appreciated, but, which "my newWMP pack" are you talking about: I only know of 2; this one and WMP10_Slipstreamer_V11 by Bashrat-link please!

Order to use is: nlite 1.0b6 in it's entirety except the 2 MS-WMP10 updates, WMP10_Slipstreamer_v3, nlite the WMP10 updates and make your ISO

u use the slipstreamer. first step is to copy your xpcd to your hard drive let's say on drive d:\. then u can run the slipstreamer 3. after the slipstreamer finishes add my pack to d:\xpcd\i386.it will ask u if u wanna overwrite the files. u choose yes to all. that is it....

newWMP pack updated!!! add kb896097 and kb902344.

download link here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=24JCSBCP

http://rapidshare.de/files/4295508/newWMP.rar.html

Hey boooggy, do u know anything about W2K3 SP1 WMP10? If i use ur pack with that, will be ok? or these are just for xp? :(

EDIT: I will try that now i make a new install, lets see what happens....

Me and codejunkie think to make an add-on for codejunkie's W2k3 sp1 update pack, for media player 10 updates. I collected all hotfixes from http://home.arcor.de/carsthom/updates/wmp10_updates.html and also 2 not on that list. Any help is welcome :hello:

Edited by mrnxdmx

I added boooggy's pack to my w2k3 sp1 + codejunkie's update pack cd, and it installed without errors. When i look to media player version it is 10.00.00.3923. And when i click to check for player updates says no update available.You are running most current version. Thanks :D

i am glad to hear it's working with win2k3.

@fanatf1

u take that updates, unpack them with winrar and then find the files are updated. u makecab them and add it to your i386 folder. that is it. be carefull to use your language WMP10.

can u provide me some link to the updates in your language>? thanx

Edited by boooggy

@fanatf1

u take that updates, unpack them with winrar and then find the files are updated. u makecab them and add it to your i386 folder. that is it. be carefull to use your language WMP10.

can u provide me some link to the updates in your language>? thanx

Not a prob ) Ill post link tomorrow.

As i understand it will be the same name files as in your newWMP ?