WMP10 Complete Slipstream

there is no link. was a fake news few days ago. what was the meaning for m$ to get out a version that is the same no. as the one after updating????? so inocentdevil if u dont provide links or some other thing to prove your post please dont post.....

The first time I ran this I got the same immediate error someone else reported "Error: Couldn't read section entry. Please report the bug."

From the thread the answer seemed to be to reD/L Slipstreamer&WMP10.

So I did that and this time I recd:

"Access violation at address 00462495 in module 'Slipstreamer_v3.exe' Read of address 00000000."

I used TommyP's HFSLIP ( http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=32125 ) to Slipstream sp2 and post sp2 HotFixes.

Perhaps this way of SP2+Hotfix Slipstreaming aren't compatible?

If not it would be probably be the ultimate total slipstream if a way was found to get them to work together.

Any feedback on this error would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Edited by Outatouch

They are completely compatible!

If you follow the steps that have been outlined before:

1. Run nLite and do whatever you want to do w/it.
  2. Complete all the nLite steps except making the iso
  3. Add RyanVM's update
  4. Close/exit out of nLite
  5. wmp 10.0.0.3802 download link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...d/download.aspx
    1. run slipstreamer version 3
    2. add my pack
    3. add the registry entry from above.

Everything will work fine. I've done this (as others have) many times now. In fact I just redid it w/the new newWMP.rar files.

If you're still having problems after following the above exactly then maybe you can check the following:

• Download a fresh copy MP10Setup.exe from MS
  • Reinstall MS's .NET Framework (I use RyanVM's netfxsp1.exe)
  • Are you a member of the administrator's group on the system you're working?
  • Do you have "full" permissions to the folders involved?
  • Is there some background program that's conflicting?
  • Try it from a completely different system and see how it works
  • Create a new user profile on your existing system and see if it works

I don't know what else to tell you other than it does work on the majority of systems that are trying it so if it's not working for you--and I don't mean this as an insult :blushing: --there must be a problem on your system.

sorry in advance if anyone has yet posted this but...

if I add the NewWMP files to the i386 dir of my unattended winXp CD (with wmp10 slipstreamed by BtS tool) and i do a fresh install of windows,

then setuperr.log file reports that only and all the NewWMP files are not digitally signed and also wfp claims (I don't like disabling wfp).

Aren't the NewWMP compressed with CompressionBin (and ModifyPE)?

tnx

I used TommyP's HFSLIP ( http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=32125 ) to Slipstream sp2 and post sp2 HotFixes.

@ NemoNada

Thank You for the reply to my post! :thumbup I hope you are right.

I just want to clarify what I meant by the line you quoted me on to be sure we are talking about the same things though.

I did not use nLite to slipstream SP2 & integrate Hotfixes. I used HFSLIP to slipstream SP2 and SLIPSTREAM the HotFixes.

Have you used WMP10v3sliptreamer to slipstream WMP10 into an XP using HFSLIP to slipstream SP2 and slipstream the HotFixes ?

OR has anyone else here ?

I will definitly try what you suggest and let you know how it went

Thanks again

I did not use nLite to slipstream SP2 & integrate Hotfixes. I used HFSLIP to slipstream SP2 and SLIPSTREAM the HotFixes.
I noticed that you mentioned HFSLIP but I didn't really consider it an issue because the whole concept of slipstreaming is something that MS built into their SP & Hotfixes, so no matter how you do it or whose software you use (nLite or HFSLIP for example...) it's still really happening by the same MS method.

Bottomline is that it shouldn't matter how you slipstream as long as you're not modifying the files and adding or deleting beyond the "slipstream-as-defined-by-MS" norm, you should be okay.

Good luck w/getting going correctly!

Let me know how you make out.

hi there guys,

ryan released his wmp10 addon. it has some files updated but i still modified it using my pack. it's easy....unpack it using winrar, overwrite new files and then compress back (i use picozip). the files who need update are: msscp.dl_, wmasf.dl_, drmv2clt.dl_ and qasf.dl_.

Edited by boooggy