WMP10 Complete Slipstream

I'm getting the same thing, "Error: Couldn't read section entry. Please report the bug." I downloaded MP10Setup from here, and ran the slipstreamer after all I setup everything else using nLite and adding some programs.

I got it to work, I had to download The media player setup file directly from the microsift website, then when I used the slipstreamer, all went well. Hope this helps you too, troscat.

Edited by dreday78

it seems that i dont have the minimode too. i had it but after i made a new instalation with nlite 1.05 i dont have it. not even after i use my reg key for wmp10 which use to work....

so i am investigating this...

I think dziubek wants to know what modifications made (in french 'faites'/'apportées') on

a)txtsetup.inf

b)svcpack.inf

c)sysoc.inf

d)dosnet.inf

when it splitstream WMP10 and boooggy post-pack.

i guess u can but after u made your cd with xpcreate... :P

this is what slipstreamer does

DOSNET.INF:
To the bottom of dosnet.inf OR before the first [Files] section:
[OptionalSrcDirs]
svcpack

To the first [Files] section:

d1,WMP10.CAB
d1,WMP10SP2.INF

TXTSETUP.SIF:
To the first [SourceDisksFiles] section:

WMP10.CAB    = 100,,,,,,_x,,3,3
WMP10SP2.INF = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

SYSOC.INF:
it adds the following to the !!!LAST!!! [Components] section BELOW the last entry:

WMP10Files=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,WMP10SP2.INF,HIDE,7

SVCPACK.INF
Add the following to the [ProductCatalogsToInstall] section of SVCPACK.INF
codecs10.cat
DRM10.cat
MPCD10.cat
MPPRE10.cat
MPSTUB10.cat
WMDM10.cat
WMFSDK10.cat
WMP10.cat
WMSET10.cat
WPD10.cat

Edited by boooggy

It's called Mini-mode, where you right-click on an empty area of the taskbar, point to Toolbars, and then select WMP :)

The problem is that WMP is not in the list :(

I've never had any trouble getting the mini mode to work. I used this slipstreamer too.

How did you do it? Did you use the updates as well? :)

For the slipstreamer, just incase, do you have to extract the mp10setup.exe file, or leave it? :wacko:

It's called Mini-mode, where you right-click on an empty area of the taskbar, point to Toolbars, and then select WMP :)

The problem is that WMP is not in the list :(

I've never had any trouble getting the mini mode to work. I used this slipstreamer too.

How did you do it? Did you use the updates as well? :)

For the slipstreamer, just incase, do you have to extract the mp10setup.exe file, or leave it? :wacko:

You leave it in exe format. And yes I used booggy's update pack as well if that's what you mean.

guys i am completely confused. heres whats gouing on.

nlited xpcd (including slipstreaming sp2...added ryanvms pack 1.2.2full .... did not remove wmp related stuff)

now the question i have is do i first use wmp slipstream 3 and then "ryanvm 1.2.2b no wmp pack full" OR add the "ryan 1.2.2b no wmp pack full" 1st and then slipstream wmp10 with wmpslipstreamer 3 ?

If someone could just write the complete steps in sequential order it would be very clear.

Edited by gelome