WMP10 Complete Slipstream

Gnome, thanks for replying. I'm running W2K3 and the temp dir under the Windows folder is full of VMware logs! lol It's not a big problem as I used B-the sneaky's method to get it done. However, yours is very slick and seemed well thought out. It's a nice tool for the box. I appreciate your putting out there for us.

Does this benefit over just running the modified wmp10 setup file that I found on here to silently install it?

So I gather removing wmp9 with nLite & selecting the wmp9 compatibility doesn't work?

P.S. No, I didn't take the time to sift through the whole thread for answers. There is too much to read. ;)

Hi everyone I've been away for a while (yes,yes I know it was a looong while), anyway I am still working on the final version but it will take a couple of days...

@kelsenellenelvian: LOL, :P what can I say I was in a hurry

@TheeBeets:

Copy your txtsetup.sif,dosnet.inf,svcpack.inf,sysoc.inf,wmp.inf,mymusic.inf,skins.inf to a folder run the sliptreamer on that folder (as if it were i386) then you'll have all the files BUT remember changes are made to the following files: TXTSETUP.SIF,DOSNET.INF,SVCPACK.INF,SYSOC.INF AND MYMUSIC.INF

I hope I have understood correctly what it is you want to do, hope this helps...

@TheeBeets:

Copy your txtsetup.sif,dosnet.inf,svcpack.inf,sysoc.inf,wmp.inf,mymusic.inf,skins.inf to a folder run the sliptreamer on that folder (as if it were i386) then you'll have all the files BUT remember changes are made to the following files: TXTSETUP.SIF,DOSNET.INF,SVCPACK.INF,SYSOC.INF AND MYMUSIC.INF

I hope I have understood correctly what it is you want to do, hope this helps...

Well basically the problem is when I slipstream this in I get cannot find specified file errors such as cdaudio.sys so this must be doing something to files when copying?

@TheeBeets:

If you run something other than the slipstreamer your Txtsetup,dosnet.sif and possible sysoc.inf and svcpack.inf will be different that is why I said watch out for those files....

If you don't know how to make the changes manually then you are better off just running the program...

Also DON'T remove Wmp9 with nlite