WMP10 Complete Slipstream

@ryanvm: I guess it means that you slipstreamed wmp10 into your I386 setup files and used winnt.exe to install windows and winnt32.exe. :)

@Gnome: I did an install using winnt.exe and everything went fine. Wish I could get it to work with winnt32.exe, but I guess that would most like be a problem to bring up to Microsoft.

@muiz: Np, whatever works for you :)

@RyanVM: Very good point, at least it's working 50% :D (But that is entirely up to the user as I *never* use winnt32.exe so I would say 100% working :P )

@shinomen: Well I'm testing my Winnt32 right now and see if I can reproduce the error.. (It does seem a bit strange it working one way and not the other :blink: ). But I am thinking that it has something to do with Windows File Protection.(Why Microsoft,Why?)

hi all, good job for all contribs to this projetct.

Tested on WinXP Pro SP2 (VLK) French, all are okay I think. (how I can check all features ?)

Goodbye.

PS: In Windows Server 2003 SP1, WMP10 is integrated too, you want my files ? (sysoc, ...)

@sonic: Thanks for the info :thumbup, as for checking if it works, just do anything you would normally do with WMP10 and if it doesn't work post again :P. No need to post sysoc.inf if everything is working (plus I don't think that file will be a worry for me again,, I hope)

Hmm. This looked like what I needed, but it throws up an error "Can't create an temporary working directory" and continues ot fail from there.

How do I help it create a working directory?

My unattended files are all on drive F:. I tried moving the slipstreamer to C: but no joy. Am I missing something? (ps: I went through the 19 pages of posts as best I could, but maybe I missed something - sorry if I'm being a pain)

I used nLite to do the original slipstream of SP2 and all post-SP2 hotfixes. I've tested the install and all is dandy so far, but I'd love to cut down the install time and integrating wmp10 would help do that.

tia :o)

DD

I think you temp variable is too long man. To change this you would need to go to control panel, system, advanced and click enviroment variables and them edit the entry that says temp it should say something like %userprofile%\local settings\temp make it say something simple like c:\.

@DonDamm: I'll create a parameter so that you can specify your own temporary directory and up the new ver asap.(porbably 2 days)

@kelsenellenelvian: This could possible be a problem but I used the MSDN Win32 developers thingy :P and in there they said that windows specifies a Max path variable that should be sufficient.

The only problem I could think of other than the one specified by kelsenellenelvian is that you don't have a "<WINDOWSDIRECTORY>\Temp" folder (The program requests this folder from Windows(Guess where I got that info from), but I am looking into it.)