Bart PE from XP with slipstreamed stuff

DeaconCrusher

I posted something similar to this request in one of Bashrat's forum's so sorry for the double post, just seems like this area gets some different user traffic and might have the answers for my problem.

I've been using the BartPE environement for about 9 months and love it, but keep hitting driver issues (mostly with tricky nforce3 and 4 nic and raid stuff.)

Thought an interesting way to solve this might be to create an XP install disk with slipstreamed SP2 and all hot fixes and Bashrat's drivers all added in and then use that CD as basis for BartPE disk (then I could dispense with all driver support issues under BartPE.)

So, I created the slipstreamed disk and did some tests using it as an installer under vmware and on an nforce4 based machine and it works great.

Then created a BartPE disk using the XP disk as my OS source. To make a long story medium length it didn't work. (Hangs almost right away looking for a driver file.) I looked at files on two disks and many (most) of the compressed driver files in the I386 directory of XP CD didn't make it on to the Bart CD.

I see some mention in messages in here particularly this thread

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=38717

regarding taking contents of textsetup.oem for all driver files and merging them into some master file, but wasn't clear if this really works (sounds like a lot of work) and if somoene might have done that work already and if in fact this will also work for BartPE.

So, any and all help and or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the quick tip, but, sorry I didn't mention it in first post, but use UBCD on top of BartPE already and love it.

Unfortunately LBs driver pack while great doesn't actually work with the nforce3 and 4 nic and raid stuff. That's why I'm looking at this.

I've been contributing to the UBCD forums for a while on this topic and have actually built a plugin that creates nic support but it's very worky and still struggling to get Raid support and it just seems like this is potentially a much more straightforward way to get driver support for any and all devices into the BartPE/UBCD environement.

Thanks

Oh, then you know more about it than me already. I can build plugins, but never tried drivers. I am big fan of Steel and BUGer, they have done some excellent work on UBCD. I would be interested to hear how you make out with your idea. Sounds logical. Have you tried manually copying them into build tree before making iso?