WinPE2005 Ram Disk

mbouchard

In my case, I boot from an (WinPe2005) .iso file placed on the local c: into RAM of the machine... the c: drive is formated with NTFS. Easier if u have access to boot of a PXE server while playing with it...

• 2 months later...

The original problem was WINNT.SIF had to be renamed to TXTSETUP.SIF in order for WinPE to boot correctly. If you're getting a similar error but it only happens on your USB device, it may be a limitation of the firmware or bios on your particular machine.

I've had almost zero luck with bootable USB media on IBM / Lenovo Thinkpad laptops, but plenty of luck with our various Dell workstations. Go figure...

• 5 weeks later...
The original problem was WINNT.SIF had to be renamed to TXTSETUP.SIF in order for WinPE to boot correctly. If you're getting a similar error but it only happens on your USB device, it may be a limitation of the firmware or bios on your particular machine.

I've had almost zero luck with bootable USB media on IBM / Lenovo Thinkpad laptops, but plenty of luck with our various Dell workstations. Go figure...

haha resurecting from the dead. Sorry about this, I am trying to get just WinPE(not 2.0) running off my RIS server. I am getting the same error as you guys have been getting. "INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing. Status 14. Press any key..." I was wondering if anyone had any idea. I followed the directions directly from this site, How to deloy Microsoft Windows Preinstall... My directory looks like this

D:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\winpe\i386\templates

NTDETECT.com

ntldr

startrom.com

Winnt.sif

txtsetup.sif

D:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\winpe\i386

winpe.iso ->thats my iso of the OPK install. I have the file txtsetup.sif in there too

if there might be any suggestions that would be much appreiciated. This is my first time using the RAM drive. and im kinda excited. Thanks. ~Matt~