Prs Any key to boot from CD, before the Menu. HOW?

I Want the ( Press Any key to boot from CD ) option, to appear before the multiboot menu.

I mean, i want to see the multi-boot menu and not the XP setup process, when i press any key.

thanks in advance. :P

I don't get it.

How is "JO.SYS" about to work, if the boot images are already compiled ?

"JO.SYS" works fine with Win98 boot disks, because all the system files are uncompressed in the root of the disk, but is not the same with XP.

How i'm about to put the "JO.SYS" inside the XP boot image ?

:angry:

the "JO.SYS" only works for windows 9x/me bootdisks. It is useless for the topic in this forum.

If you construct you boot menu with cd-shell v2.0+ you can implement a countdown with a message, before you load the menu.

Heyas,

it does with my Boot CD.....

The message:"Press Any key to boot from CD " always appears before my boot menu appears. ???? Thought that was the default on any boot cd....

This feature is a function of the w2k / xp / 2k3 bootsector. The official bootsector allows for keypress to boot to CD, then redirects to /I386/setupldr.bin bootsector, which does the rest of the chaining.

You could use the official bootsector, then rename your multiboot loader as setupldr.bin in an I386 folder structure.

On a non partitioned HD, windows goes to setup w/o "Press any key..". If it sees a partition, it shows 'Press any key..." by means of having bootfix.bin included in the boot folder of a 2000/xp/2003 OS build. Since a basic install disc uses I386 as both its source folder and boot folder and bootfix.bin is present, it is standard.

If you use cdshell, you want to skip graphics and such at first and before the menu loads, do a call to bootcheck (look at the site for info on how to use if you are not familiar) For easyboot, there is a timer option you can trigger. See the help file for that as well.

On a non partitioned HD, windows goes to setup w/o "Press any key..". If it sees a partition, it shows 'Press any key..." by means of having bootfix.bin included in the boot folder of a 2000/xp/2003 OS build.

change to "On a HD without a valid active primary partition..." should more precise :)

Just wondering but......

My AIO-DVD disk auto loads everytime, BUT it has a 5 min timer that auto boots from 1st HDD if no key is presses......

Wouldn't that be better than stressing about getting a "press any key" to go to a boot menu???

Just my humble opinion..... :whistle:

My AIO-DVD disk auto loads everytime, BUT it has a 5 min timer that auto boots from 1st HDD if no key is presses......

Wouldn't that be better than stressing about getting a "press any key" to go to a boot menu???

change the boot timer of your AIO-DVD to 5 seconds, it would be much handy...

It is also possible to change the default boot option to meet your taste.