VMWare Test

Hi,

Im trying to create a fully unattended CD with custom themes(Trying to get the Royale Theme as the default) and the drivers

The problem is that VMware 5(the new one) by default put XP in the classic mode and the drivers are also not verified since instead of using the RealTek adapter even after specifying it uses the Creative drivers.

If only anybody can help me out with the correct settings in VMware

Thanx

vmware doesnt do anything to xp putting it in classic mode, your tweaks or something must be messed up

also, your drivers wont work, as it doesnt use real hardware :P its virtual for a reason lol

Hi,

Still no help, my custom theme still does not load even after specifying in the WINNT.SIF. For anybody willing to know the theme is the latest Royale theme from Media Center for XP released few days ago. You can check the attached WINNT.SIF file for details, also it doesn't get copied to where it should go.

Thanx for any help you may have

Hi.

I get numerous errors of this kind randomly when testing in Virtual Machine from Microsoft. Theme does not apply correctly etc. Even sometimes my pictures and my music is not present after install. But this does NOT happen on a real install. Strange, but true... ;)

that prob is with VM ;)

it took me quite a will to find my 2k and 2k3 drivers for the VM-I/O devices...

but its mainly because Realteck didn't want to co-operate to build the Vertual Drivers, thats why VM has AMD-x lan drivers instead ...

Sound is emulated PCI 16bit Soundblaster, should work on most windsows OS's

(expept win9x) ;) took me a hour to find those ;)...