Acrobat Reader 7.0

I tried to install Acrobat Reader 7 unattended by using the switch /qn and /qb like Dr. Galvany said.

But i couldnt extract it before!

I have this file "AdbeRdr7.exe"

My RunOnceEx.cmd line looks like this...:

"REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\AcroReader\AdbeRdr7.exe /qb or /qn"

but during the installation there comes a pop-up with the message that it coulndt find the installation package!

Whats that!

Could anybody hekp?

Many ThX!

Shawn26

I find a really good way to install Adobe Reader 7 full unattended.

The result is ... Install Shield Tuner AR 7.0!

You can produce a MST File like Outlook and install Acrobat Reader 7.0 full unattended!

This is an excelent way i think!

Hope could help other people with this problem!

Shawn26

Just use the MSI from the extracted run of Adobe7 and use the switches or /silent /norestart and it will install silently with norestart and no display on the screen during install and will no be affected by whatever language version you use.

How do you get the msi will no doubt be on your mind.

run the .exe

DON'T install

search c:\ for .msi

will find adobe reader ones. you need just the.msi & .cab file

That's how I install it and mind you it works! No switchless installers needed!

ADBERDR70_ENU_FULL.EXE /Q /W /S /V"/QN"

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\AdobeViewer" /V "EULA" /T "REG_DWORD" /D "00000001"  /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockdown" /V "bEFIPrintMe" /T "REG_DWORD" /D "00000000"  /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockdown" /V "bPurchaseAcro" /T "REG_DWORD" /D "00000000"  /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockdown" /V "bShowEbookMenu" /T "REG_DWORD" /D "00000000"  /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockdown" /V "bUpdater" /T "REG_DWORD" /D "00000000"  /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockdown" /V "bShowAdsAllow" /T "REG_DWORD" /D "00000000"  /F

DEL /Q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\DESKTOP\ADOBE READER 7.0.LNK"

EXIT

The topic was discussed here, please use the search button! :)

Itanium, you are welcome! ;)

It's very strange for me as I read this topic why people start searching for some tricky ways of alternative installation like switchless installers etc. without trying to find an easy and natural way first. In fact iTunes is very easy to install for instance (after you spend a day or two trying to find out how to do it :)). The same thing is with the Acrobat Reader. One shouldn't do anything to the file downloaded from the Adobe's site but to install it as shown in my previous message.

@PryGuy - NOthing wrong in doing that, but the way I do, using .msi, means it is quicker, and you'll find thet RyanVM switchless way is even quicker as well.

It dowsn't need extracting to a temp dir and then installing, it just installs and is much cleaner and uses smaller footprint on CD.

RyanVM way is just that, silent and switchless as the switches are built into the install method.

@oioldman - The truth is yours also. :) That's cause we have different aims I think:

I'm trying to install software "as is" and think that's great (and by the way the original Adobe Reader installer is packed really very hard and it takes time to extract it, yet I don't have much space on my unattended CD, mean it's not DVD) you say about the RyanVM's method, it's good also, but still think I'm a confirmed "purist" here :) The installers that come from the software makers have sometimes (take iTunes for instance) switches that allow to control the installation the way you want. So the question is are you ready to find and put these switches in your script that installs software or not. ;) Yet you have to wait for the specially repacked new version of your software, and I can put it on my CD right after I download it from the official site 'cause the new versions have the same switches in their installers in most cases... :P

But of course there are exclusions. I'm having difficulties with Skype at the moment, it installs okay, but I can't disable the update mechanism after the installation (and the software makers do not allow to control it using switches during the installation as in case with the Sun Java VM). Guess it's just a bug they do not want to fix.