MS Media Player 9 or 10?

Taggs

Which do you prefer/find easiest to use?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer/find easiest to use?

• Windows Media Player 9
    • Windows Media Player 10

Hrm cant really see much of a difference but i use 10 cos it's the latest.

Erm, in response to the DRM post, try ripping with other ripping software, and encoding using LAME. Microsoft are trying to stop pirating etc using trusted computing and DRM, but if u use slightly older and free tools you wont have a problem with ur ripping.

I use Audiograbber which is free, and LAME MP3 codec which is free, combined they produce very nice mp3s from the source, with no copyright problems what-so-ever - never ever use a microsoft tool for things like that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

10, because newer is always better. :rolleyes: Actually, I find the mild feature set improvement a plus, but I wouldn't be that upset if I had to use 9. I only use media player at work, don't want to put software on my computer that we don't let other users have. At home, its a combo of Winamp, iTunes, and a little bit of media player. I would never use Winamp, iTunes, or WMP to rip cds. I use Cdex and the latest copy of Lame for ripping and MP3 encoding.

If mp3 ripping is the question,I use WMP 9 plus a little registry "hack" from www.winguides.com/registry to achieve high bitrate mp3 encoding.Along with that I use the Fraunhofer Pro mp3 encoder so it encodes as high as 320kbps Stereo (not Joint Stereo as in WMP10).It does the job for me :)