Best Free CD-Burning software?

durex

Anyone have suggestions as to decent free burning software? I dont need it to do anything fancy... the only function I really need (in addition to straight data burning) is to burn a cd image to file (i.e. iso, bin, etc)

It be better yet if it was stand-alone so I could toss it on my usb key... but thats not a requirement.

Thanks!

yes, CDBurnerXP Pro is most likely the best freeware burning program. The only thing Nero does better afaik is DVD Video burning. Got a few unrecognised ones thanks to CDBXPP. :}

alcohol 120%

it knows 2 things but very well :

- create from CD images and burn all kind of images

- 1..31 virtual drives , where you can load any image

i like them .

(edit) sorry for skiping "free" when reading

DeepBurner's link is invalid.

Burnatonce is only for ISOs, eh? I like to burn audio, data and Video.

DeepBurner's link works fine, if I right click and choose open in new tab, with Firefox, but i will fix my original to suit, thanks!

Burnatonce

burnatonce can master data and audio discs, read/write image files and copy on the fly.  It's drag and drop interface has multi-language support and is fully compatible with XP themes.

Multisession and bootable disc mastering is supported as well as long filename support using Joliet, Long Joliet and Rockridge.  Extra long filename support is provided with the ISO9660:1999 and UDF filesystems.

Audio discs can be compiled from wav, mp3, mp2, ogg and flac files as standard while support for other audio formats can be added optionally. CD-Text can be written from the built in editor, imported from freedb, read from media tags or extracted from filenames. Pauses between tracks can also be set as silence, pregap or postgap of varying lengths.

Burnatonce
burnatonce can master data and audio discs, read/write image files and copy on the fly.  It's drag and drop interface has multi-language support and is fully compatible with XP themes.

Multisession and bootable disc mastering is supported as well as long filename support using Joliet, Long Joliet and Rockridge.  Extra long filename support is provided with the ISO9660:1999 and UDF filesystems.

Audio discs can be compiled from wav, mp3, mp2, ogg and flac files as standard while support for other audio formats can be added optionally. CD-Text can be written from the built in editor, imported from freedb, read from media tags or extracted from filenames. Pauses between tracks can also be set as silence, pregap or postgap of varying lengths.

If only it could do DVD Video, it would be my dream burner.

Edit - Hmm, looks like I might be switching soon. :D

Edit - You need 3rd party software just to do DVD Burning with this program... sheesh, I knew it was too good to be true.