MSN Messenger 7 + Patch + MsgPlus

ok i finally understand maybe how to unattended msn but just a question: i saw about your copy of msn that the file MsnMsgs.msi is only 1MB, mine is 7MB, why?

And also:

i made a folder with MsnMsgs.msi and bootstrap, then a folder Program files where there is another folder MSN messenger. Inside this last folder i must copy ALL files of msn that are on my pc right already patched. After this i can begin to make an sfx archive? I tried but is not unattended sigh...i follow this topic:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=32400&hl=

Tnx

Edited by Jedi82

Rapidshare also refuses to work for me regardless of browser or popup settings. Just says I've requested file x which has been downloaded y times. Then just does nothing.

Refreshing, resubmitting doesn't work and often ends with ip is already downloading a file please wait until it's finished.

:boring:

so..

If someone were to send the two files to me I can mirror them on a 'normal' site.

to alexjj_AT_gmail.com

Obviously replacing _AT_ with the @.

:thumbup

Now exists MSN 7.0.0.816 with plus 3.54

Download swedish

Download english

Hi all :hello:

I have a mirror for svenby's English version of

MSN Messnger 7.0.0.816 with Plus 3.54

Let me know if it works OK.

Download english

PS. Rapidshares IP restrictions is what makes it difficult for some of us to download. Their system records how much a certain IP address downloads in an hour or if that IP is already downloading. Some ISP companies (as mine does) have a Transparent proxy server which we have no control over. Rapidshare records the IP of the proxy server rather than the real IP, thus if ANYONE connected to the same ISP is downloading nobody else on the same ISP can download either.

Great work with the silent installers guys.

Thanks Dexter... it's a good install package you've put together.

When I try to run it from runonce however it does give me an error.

I get a msgbox pop-up with the title Project 1.

It says

"Run-time error '75':

Path/File access error"

I proceed to hit OK so my almost UA disk continues...

when it's done I do have MSN Messenger installed and working however my Outlook Express no longer functions.

When I try to open OE, I get another msgbox titled Identity Switch Cancelled

It Says

"The current identity was unable to change because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again."

I don't even have to have any other apps / processes running in order to get this message, let alone dialog boxes.

And for clarification on that note... of course I do have some processes running, but none of them initated by my current user (Administrator).

my runonce script which pertains to MSN Messenger is as follows

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "MSN Messenger" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\MSNMess\MSNMess.exe" /f

and so you know I did rename the .exe

Other things you should know

- I'm using your second install package

- I don't have Windows Messenger as part of my UA Install

- By the time it gets to running MSNMess.exe... I have already installed the following 3rd party apps:

Ad-Aware

Alcohol 120%

ATI Control Panel

AVG Anti-Virus

BS Player

Google Toolbar

J.A.N.E

I'm going to try running it again in a VM using the start /wait prefix to see if that helps, but I'm skeptical.

I'm thinking in this last part of my install something is still going on with Internet Explorer and Outlook Express because at the end of my installation, right before my cleanup.cmd I run a shortcuts.cmd which adds a menu to the top of my start menu that divides my commonly used apps up by category... this always fails to copy IE/OE shortcuts. But if I run that ... or your MSNMess.exe after everything has been completed then I run into no problems whatsoever.

I don't know if anybody else has run into similar problems... but if anyone could help shed some light on the situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey everyone,

First just like to say that this website and these forums have really helped me with my new customized windows installation :)

Second.. I've been flirting with the idea of adding a silent option for A-Patch, so that one can install msn and customize it's look, all silently! What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

Ahmad.