Taskbar modification

oliska

Hi everyone,

I am trying to modify my taskbar - quite successfuly. Only problem is that I am not very keen to use msstyles and I want to change the look a little bit.

1. Get rid off the border and description of running apps.

2. Get rid off the border of tray area.

There is a enclosure to give you a picture, what I am actually after.

Thanks for every hint.

V.

post-54635-1115421531_thumb.png

Umm... didn't he say this...?

Only problem is that I am not very keen to use msstyles and I want to change the look a little bit.

I don't think it's possible to remove that with Reshacker. At least I'd have absolutely no clue where to look.

You might want to look into alternative shells. There are plenty out there that give you many more customization options.

Alright, I thought so, but I wanted to be certain, that that is the only possibility. But to remove description of run programs - it is not quite enough to have stylexp - is it?

Thanks

No, StyleXP/UXTheme.dll will not get you any closer to removing the description of running tasks (i.e. the text in the taskbar next to the program's icon).

I honestly have no clue how this would be done (if it even can be done).

2. Get rid off the border of tray area.

Thats because its running in "classic" mode stylem I think, tho I don't know how you can get rid of it without a 3rd party app.

Regards,

N.

Yes, I decided to change the style(using 3rd party application), but I can't export that classic style - I would use stylebuilder, but there is no classic style msstyle. And I am not very keen to repaint it whole from the basics...