DirectShow FilterPack

Good filter pack for Zoom Player, don't you think? :D

Moonlight MP4 Demultiplexer and Gabest Matroska Splitter should be dropped from your package, use Haali Media Splitter for MP4 and MKV files, it's pretty stable now.

This topic is about a filterpack, so no codecs involved... > aimed at people who have no intension of encoding, but do want to playback many media formats.

That's why I mentioned FFDshow for instance and at the moment I recommend the Gabest MPEG2 filters, because the Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer doesn't support splitting DTS sound.

Even more I don't know what is meant exactly with "Ogg Vorbis [version 1.1.0]", because afaik those are not DSfilters, but DOS tools, and the dll's you can use for encoding (audiograbber for instance).

i'm confused.

i thought i could simply install FFDshow, and MPC and i'll be able to watch (not encode) all types of movies [besides qt and real, which i install the alt versions too]????

Afaik you still can. (but you'll never be able to play "all" media, not even with VLC :D)

My package is primarily designed to work with Zoom Player.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that filter pack, it seems to work great with ZP and saves me from installing all those individually! Any reason you did not add AC3XForm as it seems to remove the XForm and Monkey audio from the unsupported format list...

In your description you mention:

The RadLight Ogg Splitter and the Radlight Vorbis Decoder are not part of Zoom Player's internal filter formats database.

Have you considered droping an email to ZP's author so he could add them to the internal filter formats database?

Any thoughts about having and extended version with the QuickTime/Real alternative and AC3 audio part? With so many versions of ffdshow floating around, I do understand the reason for not including that one... ;)

Any reason you did not add AC3XForm as it seems to remove the XForm and Monkey audio from the unsupported format list...

Because I created this little package to work with the big boys: ffdshow, AC3filter etc. And the XForm filter isn't needed because:

To play back AC3 (Dolby Digital) within AVI/MKV/OGM files you have two options.

1. Use an XForm filter that relays the AC3/DTS data from the AVI/MKV/OGM container into an AC3/DTS Decoder and the second is the Decoder itself.

2. Use The Open-Source AC3 Decoding Filter (which contains both the XForm and Decoder in one filter).

And uh...don't know what's wrong with your APE decoder but mine works oke:

> Monkey Audio:
Found: (00600000) RadLight APE DirectShow Filter (v1.0.0.4)

Have you considered droping an email to ZP's author so he could add them to the internal filter formats database?

see here

Because ffdshow, real/quicktime alternatives and such consist of many other files then only ax-files, I've decided to let them be. (beyond my knowledge :P )

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...