Resolution/display Problem.

speedz

EVerything's messed up. I don't see the dos part. It's all a purple haze.

1.Sometimes windows loads. And the cursor becomes a purple blob for a while.

2.Other times the screen goes blank.

Scenario 1 has only happened once.

speedz ITs sounds to me that the card is simply damaged....I had a very similar situation with my Radeon 64ddr, in which one day animations had this pinkish purple surronding then and the picture was all grainy..movies even had this mass amounts of mising pixels...Radeons are know known for overheating due to their crap fans, so if anything, the gpu might be damaged...

=Drew

Aawww. Crap.

Guess the cooling was bad.

I was expecting my CPU to go before the vid card, cuz i've only had the vid card for a little while...

I'll either get better cooling or underclock my old celeron.

Eek. It's rated at 667 mhz and was clocked at 1000...

I'm gonna probly get my dumbass friend to pay for half of it since he busted it by putting it at a resolution too high that i told him not to.

I'll probly end up getting a radeon 9500 pro or geforce 4 Ti 4600 to replace it...

Speedz stay away from 3rd party Ati cards...they are really crap for the most part... i would suggest a Geforce4 ti 4200 by gainward or nvidia...they are pretty cheep

They sell for about 115 american dollers for the ^4ddr version and a bit more for the 128...a good deal anyway u look at it

:)

=Drew

Speedz stay away from 3rd party Ati cards...they are really crap for the most part... i would suggest a Geforce4 ti 4200 by gainward or nvidia...they are pretty cheep

They sell for about 115 american dollers for the ^4ddr version and a bit more for the 128...a good deal anyway u look at it

:)

=Drew

I agree, I had a Radeon 7000 from Saphire Technology and one from ATi, and the fps was way higher on the ATi one then the 3rd party card. I noticed it allot with GTA3 which I was experimenting with back then. I think it's in the drivers, that the 3rd party companies don't spent much time updating. I believe (not sure) Nvidia cards all use the same driver (detonator) so you won't have to rely on the 3rd party company.

speedz, if a mnate of mine broke my GPU by doing something like that when id told him not to id make him pay for a whole new card, never mind half of one. well.. unless i thought id get a much beter one then id only do like what your doing...

anyway, if you get a ti 440, 420, or 460 im sure you will be very happy with it, mine hasnt let me down yet.

i might get one of those thermal take fans for it though, the one i have on here rattled when i first plugged it in, the noise sounded very loud and i didnt want to run the card.. till i realised it wasnt the fan but the plate on top of the heatsink, which channels the air through all the fins. so i didnt want to take it off either... sheet of cardboard cut to shape... rather like a gasket solved the problem.

These fans from Thermal Take look real nice though

g4-coolerTT.jpg

on a side note... dont you hate how graphics cards look real cool but you never see them as they are upside down? and heat rises too.. seems moronic to me!?

on a side note... dont you hate how graphics cards look real cool but you never see them as they are upside down? and heat rises too.. seems moronic to me!?

I have thought about this be4...why the hell dont they face up..it would look better, and the heat disepation would be alot better....Vid card designers..what n00bs!

w00t

=Drew