edit text

how can edit the text setup will complete in aproximately xx minutes .

i have resedit and i already edited the rest of the text, but i cant find the text shown above

can't help ya there, although somewhere on this site I saw a mention of someone having issues w/French characters (?- or some other language other than English)- I believe a solution was found, but can't recall, and I can't remember the title of the topic.

Not much help, was I? :no:

sorry

thx, Alanoll- I was just doing a search on that, was thinking he should try ResHacker or ResourceTuner.

ResEdit's site says "Edit and insert String tables for multiple languages", but it doesn't seem to fully work, or not as many languages supported??

I dunno- I use all 3 for experimental and learning (and learning, and learning, and learning)

ps- searching in MSFN gets me soooooo side-tracked. Many interesting topics: so much to learn!

:thumbup

• 3 weeks later...
can't help ya there, although somewhere on this site I saw a mention of someone having issues w/French characters (?- or some other language other than English)- I believe a solution was found, but can't recall, and I can't remember the title of the topic.

Not much help, was I?  :no:

sorry

For a french set of caracteres, you have to use ResHack instead of ResEditInstall (work for me with a french windows XP unattended install.

:whistle:

• 1 month later...
http://unattended.msfn.org/advanced/cosmet...lboard/text.htm

Didn't I just link you to this site almost 24 horus ago?

Hell, that page tells how to change ALL the text on teh screen, but you didn't fully read it.

Also, use MY recommended program. ResEdit doesn't save the foreign characters properly (the XML of it), so use ResourceTuner.

Hi!

I'm new here,

so if i get this right you are THE MAN here ?! :D

And the guide at http://unattended.msfn.org/advanced/cosmetics is yours ?!

Then i have to say something to ya:

**** NICE SITE, **** GOOD Guide(s)!

All i know about unattended windows now, i've got from your site!

Thnx 10x!

Btw, your guide was the foundation for my little tool :D

Oh, and RedEdit has another little problem, it's buffer for reading strings is too small, it cuts larger ones off, tried it on the german version of winntbbu.dll and it messes up because of that.

Greetnx

The Mad Guy