Error in "Extracting for sort order"

mdes

I got the following error messages during the XPCREATE process: (Translation is in [])

-- 22:42:50 --> Extracting for sort order.
TEMP\CATEXT\update\update.exe - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus.
                 [= The process cannot access the file because the file is used by another process]
TEMP\CATEXT\update\update.exe - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus.
TEMP\CATEXT\sp2qfe\explorer.exe - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus.
TEMP\CATEXT\sp2qfe\msmsgs.exe - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus.
TEMP\CATEXT\spuninst.exe - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus.
TEMP\CATEXT\spuninst.exe - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus.
-- 22:44:21 --> Sort Hotfixes ...

Does anybody have an idea what is causing this error?

I got also the following message during the same XPCREATE:

-- 23:20:30 --> Put all the files for the CD together
Failure renaming "I:\XPCREATE\XPCR7_03\CDROOT\I386".
ERROR 5: AccÞs refusÚ.
-- 23:22:50 --> Create an ISO image
       1 fichier(s) copié(s).  [= 1 file(s) copied]
       1 fichier(s) copié(s).
       1 fichier(s) copié(s).
-- 23:24:08 --> Burning ISO image

Any information about this problem?

Thanks for any informations :)

It seems that my AntiVirus software blocked some processes (I'm using NOD32 as AV).

All is solved now... but I leave this post to help others encountering such problem :hello:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am too using a french version and I get similar errors(not every time though) even when the antivirus is disabled:

TEMP\CATEXT\empty.cat - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichi
er est utilisé par un autre processus.
TEMP\CATEXT\_sfx_0006._p - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fi
chier est utilisé par un autre processus.
TEMP\CATEXT\_sfx_0006._p - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fi
TEMP\CATEXT\_sfx_0008._p - Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
TEMP\CATEXT\_sfx_0011._p - Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
TEMP\CATEXT\_sfx_0014._p - Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
TEMP\CATEXT\_sfx_0000._p - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fi
TEMP\CATEXT\sp2qfe\msoe.dll - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce
fichier est utilisé par un autre processus.

I was using the June 11 2004 release of xpcreate before upgrading to the august 20 2005 version and everything was fine.

The main problems is with the hotfixes extraction call CHECKHFS. Not a single patch from the SVC-HF1 folder is being processed. Patches from all other folders are processed correctly.

If you look at my logfile(incomplete because I stopped the batch file), you can see that the patches are inside the SVC-HF1 folder but none is slipstreamed.

XPCREATE.zip

The weirdest part is when I compare this section with my old xpcreate.cmd, they are identical! :wacko:

Any ideas?

From a different post by jimba:

Hi,

it seems that the 20 AUG 2005 version doesnt call the SETVARS part (but :XPCPRVAR instead?) in XPCREATE.CMD and therefore doesnt set the STARTSWITCH variable, which has a desastrous effect on the START cmd sequence...

That's where the problem was! I replaced CALL XPCPRVAR by CALL :SETVARS.

and I also removed CALL XPCTVARS since it is created by XPCPRVAR.

Why isn't there more people complaining about this?

Hi, I had a problem with XPCTVARS and other variables when I tried the Aug 18th version but I made a updated XP disk with no problems last weekend after I downloaded the Aug 20th version. I haven't tried installing the OS yet as ideally I would like to fully integrate the hotfixes into the source files.

I suggest you should check carefully which version you have. Alternatively, it may be a problem with the non-English version.

PG

Edited by PeterGau

From a different post by jimba:
Hi,

it seems that the 20 AUG 2005 version doesnt call the SETVARS part (but :XPCPRVAR instead?) in XPCREATE.CMD and therefore doesnt set the STARTSWITCH variable, which has a desastrous effect on the START cmd sequence...

That's where the problem was! I replaced CALL XPCPRVAR by CALL :SETVARS.

and I also removed CALL XPCTVARS since it is created by XPCPRVAR.

Why isn't there more people complaining about this?

So ... You have a problem, blatently break the XPCREATE EULA, dare to post on your "fix", and then wonder why others are not complaining? No wonder I have been spending more time at the pool hall drinking than here posting ...